"lampardgate: Where Are Mls And New York City Fc?"

I think MLS doesn't say anything because he was never a player with them and they know there's some dirt on their hands by allowing MCFC to introduce him as a NYCFC player, so they're waiting and hoping for it to blow over.

I think NYCFC doesn't say anything because the people that pulled this double-deal control what comes out of NYCFC'S collective mouth. Do you really expect Reyna or Kreis to speak against Soriano if they value their jobs?

Essentially, what can they say?

I think MLS doesn't say anything because he was never a player with them and they know there's some dirt on their hands by allowing MCFC to introduce him as a NYCFC player, so they're waiting and hoping for it to blow over.

I think NYCFC doesn't say anything because the people that pulled this double-deal control what comes out of NYCFC'S collective mouth. Do you really expect Reyna or Kreis to speak against Soriano if they value their jobs?

Essentially, what can they say?

At least a statement won't hurt, this hurts the MLS as a whole not only us, I heard that something will be said by Monday, maybe lawyers talking this out?

They both did release statements, that were nearly word for word the same.

Reyna said its great for NYCFC to get a player that is so needed in the PL title race.

The Deputy Commish of MLS echoed the same feelings.

That's all we're going to get. There was an interview with Kreis in early December and he said a decision was coming in Mid-December on Lampard (which further feeds my suspicions that the news was released NYE night to try and hide it) he said whatever the decision he's sure its best for all involved.

He then added "In an ideal world, you want all your players as soon as possible."

Which is probably as close to a protest as you're going to get from within NYCFC HQ.

tumblr_m57rgaEIcp1qefkujo2_500.gif

I think they are just all on vacation. Expect something next week ... or never.

Reyna said its great for NYCFC to get a player that is so needed in the PL title race.

Claudio Reyna said:
“Frank is a star and it is no surprise that Manchester City is rewarded by his contributions on the field every single day," said NYCFC Director of Football Claudio Reyna in a club statement. "He is eager to get to New York once his commitment ends in England and will be available to play on arrival as a permanent member of the squad given he will come to us having played at the highest level."

"His exact starting date with New York City FC will be confirmed as the EPL and MLS seasons unfold," according to the NYCFC club statement. "All parties remain in ongoing dialogue to create the best outcome for all."

I choose to read that all with a very ironic undertone. It's "no surprise" and he's "eager" to come to NY.

I choose to read that all with a very ironic undertone. It's "no surprise" and he's "eager" to come to NY.
I actually went back and did that today. Some of the wording is interesting. "Commitment in England" ? Commitment and Lampard in the same sentence is a dead give away that tongue was firmly in cheek.

Don't think the MLS will have anything negative to say with Etihad being a sponsor and such. Don't want that cash flow to stop.