Looking Ahead - Winter Window

I really hope our DP is a LW that can easily play striker. Villa at his age has almost been too healthy. I don't wanna see this team with Okoli week in and week out.

Reactions: The Toe
Here are my thoughts on likelihood of leaving in the format of a depth chart.

NYCFC Depth Chart

Forward/Winger
Villa - Not Leaving
Shelton - Unlikely
Okoli - Unlikely

Winger/Attacking Mid
Moralez - Not Leaving
Harrison - Very Unlikely
Wallace - Very Unlikely

McNamara - Unlikely
Camargo - Moderately Likely
Lewis - Very Unlikely

Central Mid
Pirlo - Definitely Leaving
Ring - Unlikely
Herrera - Likely
Lopez - Unlikely
Stertzer - Moderately Likely
Awuah - Unlikely

Left Back
Matarrita - Moderately Likely
Sweat - Unlikely

Center Back
Chanot - Very Unlikely
Callens - Very Unlikely

Brillant - Unlikely
Sands - Not Leaving
Mena - Very Likely

Right Back
White - Very Unlikely
Allen - Unlikely
Gomez - Likely

Goalkeeper
Johnson - Not Leaving
Johansen - Very Unlikely
Rawls - Unlikely

Last edited:

NYCFC Depth Chart

Forward/Winger
Villa - Not Leaving
Shelton - Unlikely
Okoli - Unlikely

Winger/Attacking Mid
Moralez - Not Leaving
Harrison - Very Unlikely
Wallace - Very Unlikely
McNamara - Unlikely
Lewis - Very Unlikely

Central Mid
Ring - Unlikely
Herrera - Likely
Lopez - Unlikely
Awuah - Unlikely

Left Back
Sweat - Unlikely

Center Back
Chanot - Very Unlikely
Brillant - Unlikely
Callens - Very Unlikely
Sands - Not Leaving
Mena - Very Likely

Right Back
White - Very Unlikely
Allen - Unlikely
Gomez - Likely

Goalkeeper
Johnson - Not Leaving
Johansen - Very Unlikely
Rawls - Unlikely

Can you color code that? Also, I'm assuming you're only discussing us selling off the player, not straight up cutting them. Because I see a few cuts in your unlikely & very unlikely categories.

NYCFC Depth Chart

Forward/Winger
Villa - Not Leaving
Shelton - Unlikely
Okoli - Unlikely

Winger/Attacking Mid
Moralez - Not Leaving
Harrison - Very Unlikely
Wallace - Very Unlikely
McNamara - Unlikely
Lewis - Very Unlikely

Central Mid
Ring - Unlikely
Herrera - Likely
Lopez - Unlikely
Awuah - Unlikely

Left Back
Sweat - Unlikely

Center Back
Chanot - Very Unlikely
Brillant - Unlikely
Callens - Very Unlikely
Sands - Not Leaving
Mena - Very Likely

Right Back
White - Very Unlikely
Allen - Unlikely
Gomez - Likely

Goalkeeper
Johnson - Not Leaving
Johansen - Very Unlikely
Rawls - Unlikely

I'm looking forward to see who emerges as our first long tenured (6+ seasons, solid starter) player. It's nice as fans and good for team stability to have a couple of those guys. Most of the successful MLS teams always have a few. The most ideal, some what realistic candidates to me are Chanot and Ring. It would be awesome for either one of those guys to play out the rest of their careers with us.

I like Brillant but I think we're paying him too much for a depth player in MLS. Hoping he gets sold/cut/ contract not renewed.

Reactions: Kjbert
Can you color code that? Also, I'm assuming you're only discussing us selling off the player, not straight up cutting them. Because I see a few cuts in your unlikely & very unlikely categories.
I definitely think TMac is gone. His production is too low for his wage, and his production isn't going up as a deep bench player. If not for RJ's versatility, he'd be gone to - still may be if the staff doesn't think it's an enormous plus.

I'd really like us to raid FC Cincinnati and get that winger kid that terrorized Chicago in the Cup match, their GK, and I think they had a decent striker. None are starters, but all could be contributing depth. And at least two are American, not sure about the starting striker.

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to see who emerges as our first long tenured (6+ seasons, solid starter) player. It's nice as fans and good for team stability to have a couple of those guys. Most of the successful MLS teams always have a few. The most ideal, some what realistic candidates to me are Chanot and Ring. It would be awesome for either one of those guys to play out the rest of their careers with us.
Chanot. As long as his wife isn't transferred away from NYC.

Okay. I will color code.

This addresses any reason they might not be on the roster.

ETA: One thing I did not do when compiling this is look at salary levels.

Reactions: adam
I hope you're wrong on Herrera. I would put him as "moderately likely". I don't think he's ready to start in any league that's more than two standard deviations above MLS. I don't see him starting in Ligue One or Portugal, maybe Portugal for a small team. Why would CFG transfer him to Belgium, Turkey or the Netherlands (also I don't know their visa requirements) for 6 or 7 million at the start of 2018? With one full season as a starter and a pillar for NYCFC he could probably go straight to one of the bigger leagues and command a fee above 10 or 15 million. I hope I'm right. I don't see him with us in 2019.

Okay. I will color code.

This addresses any reason they might not be on the roster.

ETA: One thing I did not do when compiling this is look at salary levels.

Yup. That's what I was thinking. Salary vs performance. We might have to cut bait with a few of those guys for that reason.

I hope you're wrong on Herrera. I would put him as "moderately likely". I don't think he's ready to start in any league that's more than two standard deviations above MLS. I don't see him starting in Ligue One or Portugal, maybe Portugal for a small team. Why would CFG transfer him to Belgium, Turkey or the Netherlands (also I don't know their visa requirements) for 6 or 7 million at the start of 2018? With one full season as a starter and a pillar for NYCFC he could probably go straight to one of the bigger leagues and command a fee above 10 or 15 million. I hope I'm right. I don't see him with us in 2019.

I hope I am wrong too. I just think that he really wants to be in Europe, and CFG should be happy to loan him to whichever league is around the right level for him, which I think will be higher than you anticipate.

(also, I wouldn't characterize Portugal as being "more than 2 standard deviations above MLS" - probably not Ligue 1 either).

If we move for 3-5-2 and keeping Herrera and ring Then I see us getting it tryinh to get Gignac. I think we move for a centerback in the draft . Brilliant might leave . And I see us using a good chunck of TAM or Gam or Pam or whatever the fuck its called to get a centerback to have with callens and chanot in the back. I think next year will be Harrison's last