Merchandise Should Be Arriving - My Take

NYCFC_Dan

Registered
Staff member
Seasoned Supporter
Mar 17, 2014
Tampa, Florida
Everyone that has ordered merch off of the official website should be receiving it within the next two days.
I ordered on the 20th and the 22nd and will be receiving both on the same day, Wednesday.
Looks like the reason is the Scarf.
They are coming out off Texas and I'm assuming that the company producing them simply did not have enough lined up to meet the demand.
Both of the orders shipped the same day, the 27th. Despite having been ordered days apart.
Hopefully everyone gets their orders soon!

Yup, just checked my tracking info. UPS says it's on time and can expect delivery day after tomorrow.

It's frustrating but we've gone this long without merch...

Good thing I didn't opt for next-day shipping though, that would certainly be a good reason to get upset.

Still haven't received an email saying my items have shipped. When I checked my order status it says completed. Does that mean items are shipped or that they just received payment?

Still haven't received an email saying my items have shipped. When I checked my order status it says completed. Does that mean items are shipped or that they just received payment?
I'm unclear how to actually track as well. I had two different orders. One was for myself the other to be shipped to my brother who lives out of state.

I received a shipping confirmation for his package but not mine. However when I spoke to customer service last week I was told that MY package was already shipped and expected to reach on Tue/Wed.

So I guess to answer question. No one knows?

Reactions: Vito
I'm unclear how to actually track as well. I had two different orders. One was for myself the other to be shipped to my brother who lives out of state.

I received a shipping confirmation for his package but not mine. However when I spoke to customer service last week I was told that MY package was already shipped and expected to reach on Tue/Wed.

So I guess to answer question. No one knows?

This is something the store is definitely going to have to smooth out because when jerseys and new items go up they will have the same problem

I only got the automatic conformation email. I opted for the cheapest shipping, will I get my shipping conformation later this week instead of the merch?

When did you order your merchandise? It took 7 days for them to send me tracking info after I placed my order.

^you should be receiving it Wednesday.
I placed mine on the 20th and received no email with tracking.
I called today and they emailed me the tracking number and it said Wednesday.

I was not impressed with the merch. The hat had so much potential and it looks like some quick hat they throw together. The scarf is cool but they should have made more of a statement like the scarf picture that's been spotted online.

Reactions: MyBoyVilla
I put my order in the day the shop opened and I never got an email from the club so I took the initiative and emailed the shop and they told me that I should have gotten a shipping notification last week. I didn't so they gave me my tracking information and said that when the shop opened they didn't even have the merch in stocko_O But they should be back up to par now.

I was not impressed with the merch. The hat had so much potential and it looks like some quick hat they throw together. The scarf is cool but they should have made more of a statement like the scarf picture that's been spotted online.
I didn't buy anything, waiting for some better merch to become available. I would hope for items with just the monogram, not the surrounding badge. Also, for the shirts, I would prefer a smaller badge over the heart as opposed to a huge one splattered across the middle.

It seemed like a quick lazy shirt. Should have at least added the monogram on the sleeve. The hat should been 1 color and a baby blue under brim with the badge on the side of the hat.

I really don't like the hats they had. Adidas is not really known for making them and it shows. I did however order a shirt and scarf over a week ago, no tracking or shipping confirmation but I'll be patient seeing as I'm sure they're just getting everything together.

A New Era hat would be nice to see. And instead of having the whole badge they should just use the lettering

Reactions: Tiger Jones
A New Era hat would be nice to see. And instead of having the whole badge they should just use the lettering
I'm sure as the club begins licensing the logo out you'll see a wide variety of merch.

NYCFC is still in the brand recognition phase. If someone in Isle of Palms, South Carolina saw the monogram they'd probably think it was for some utility company. If they see the entire badge they'll have a much better idea of what they are looking at.

The stuff available right now is just the initial merch rollout. Gotta test the market a little before they go all in.

When the Pelicans launched their new logo last year, Adidas put out pretty much the same line (though no scarf). And yeah, Adidas hats suck. Luckily for me, 47 Brand does NBA hats and so I was able to skip the crummy Adidas hats. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like they do MLS hats yet but maybe they'll sign up to do some soon.

I'm sure as the club begins licensing the logo out you'll see a wide variety of merch.

NYCFC is still in the brand recognition phase. If someone in Isle of Palms, South Carolina saw the monogram they'd probably think it was for some utility company. If they see the entire badge they'll have a much better idea of what they are looking at.

The stuff available right now is just the initial merch rollout. Gotta test the market a little before they go all in.

It's not just testing the market. The initial launch are very easy designs. Literally just plaster the new logo. It allows it to be made quickly. That helps prevent a leak because you're not sending them out to several hundred people. You send it a small group, make enough for the initial party, then make more quickly right after the big announcement. At that same point, you start sending out to designers and other apparel manufacturers and work on those designs begin.

I love 47 brand hats. Also, someone made up a New Era hat with just the monogram and it looked great. Think it was black or navy with a sky blue brim, white lettering. I saw it on twitter, don't remember who posted it though. I'm sure we'll see something like that in the future.