Mikkel "Mix" Diskerud [Midfielder]

But the message is valuable. Mix hasn't done much of anything for our club yet.

This narrative just isn't true. He was during that 11 game winless streak one of the most crucial players, often times picking up the slack for our other shitty midfielders. If it were not for Mix in that streak, we likely lose all of them instead of getting 4 draws and also likely get blown out on more than just a few occasions. His impact doesn't necessarily get recorded in the stat book, but for a midfielder who is/should be in more of an attacking role, he was forced to play WAYYYY too much defense.

This narrative just isn't true. He was during that 11 game winless streak one of the most crucial players, often times picking up the slack for our other shitty midfielders. If it were not for Mix in that streak, we likely lose all of them instead of getting 4 draws and also likely get blown out on more than just a few occasions. His impact doesn't necessarily get recorded in the stat book, but for a midfielder who is/should be in more of an attacking role, he was forced to play WAYYYY too much defense.

I'm not talking about stats. He works his ass off on defense - you can't argue that. But he contributes to the lack of creativity and directness that this team is known for without Poku and Pirlo. He passes the ball side to side just like everyone else, taking almost no risks in his passing. When he's played as a 6 for US, you can see his Pirloesque capabilities. He simply doesn't even try it for us.

I'm not talking about stats. He works his ass off on defense - you can't argue that. But he contributes to the lack of creativity and directness that this team is known for without Poku and Pirlo. He passes the ball side to side just like everyone else, taking almost no risks in his passing. When he's played as a 6 for US, you can see his Pirloesque capabilities. He simply doesn't even try it for us.
Because he's not playing as a 6 for us. He's uncomfortable in our system a and its hurting his game and our midfield preformance.

Because he's not playing as a 6 for us. He's uncomfortable in our system a and its hurting his game and our midfield preformance.

And of course I understand that's not where he was playing for us, but is the position he was being played in cause that much of a drop in quality? When he plays for the NT, he has the license to try anything with the ball. Here, there's never been one moment where you say "yea Mix, that's a perfect pass" or "the team really needs to play more of those passes to each other". That's why IDK if he's just willing to accept instruction from Kreis to a T, he's uncomfortable with the team, etc.

Messi himself can't turn Grabavoy into a good player. If the rest of the midfield isn't running off the ball to create passing lanes, how the fuck am I supposed to pass it to them?

Reactions: Narrowback gal
I think he has made some beautiful passes, and both of his goals have been extremely well struck. He isn't a backwards passer like most of the guys on this team. I can't even believe he is being compared to grabavoy and Ballouchy. Soccer stats suck and don't paint am accurate picture

Reactions: Narrowback gal
60' NYCFC v Montreal
substitutions

Diskerud and Poku
for
Calle and Grabavoy

We are instantly a good team creating chances. If you want to get rid of either of those guys, you are the dumbest human on earth who knows nothing about soccer.

Let's all agree that that article draws some bat shit crazy conclusions.

It also provides some interesting data. The goals scored over seven seasons I found interesting. I also loved the look of Mix deep in the midfield last month against Haiti. He had a lot of great forward passes.

People keep saying he should be more of an offensive player for us, but if you force him forward you force TMac or Poku out of the lineup and most likely AJ in.

So my ideal lineup looks like this.
2mqEzyu.jpg

Mix plays along Pirlo in a 4-2-3-1. One thing we know about Mix is he can move forward and work like crazy to get back. So give him a little freedom there.

TMac and Poku play more forward but with responsibilities for getting back. Meanwhile the opposing team can no longer press forward with no holds barred because there are no weak spots.

If they try to man mark Pirlo Mix is going to find a lot more space to transition the ball forward. And he'll do that a hell of a lot better than AJ.

Focus on Villa? Now you've got Poku Lamp and TMac running at your goal.

Worried about our defense? Well you have Mix anchoring from the mid and TMac and Poku need to earn their starting minutes by showing they can get back in support.

To those who want Mix forward, please show me a lineup with Mix up front that gives us a better chance to win.

It also provides some interesting data. The goals scored over seven seasons I found interesting. I also loved the look of Mix deep in the midfield last month against Haiti. He had a lot of great forward passes.

People keep saying he should be more of an offensive player for us, but if you force him forward you force TMac or Poku out of the lineup and most likely AJ in.

2mqEzyu.jpg

Mix plays along Pirlo in a 4-2-3-1. One thing we know about Mix is he can move forward and work like crazy to get back. So give him a little freedom there.

TMac and Poku play more forward but with responsibilities for getting back. Meanwhile the opposing team can no longer press forward with no holds barred because there are no weak spots.

If they try to man mark Pirlo Mix is going to find a lot more space to transition the ball forward. And he'll do that a hell of a lot better than AJ.

Worried about our defense? Well you have Mix anchoring from the mid and TMac and Poku need to earn their starting minutes by showing they can get back in support.

To those who want Mix forward, please show me a lineup with Mix up front that gives us a better chance to win.
That's my lineup too. Get out of my head!

2mqEzyu.jpg

Fantastic lineup. We have a winner.

Still laughing at the article (not HRB, somewhere else) that argued Ned was the most in-form American midfielder in the world.
That and Brovsky is the best American defender. We can practically field half the USMNT from our team.

Reactions: joe
Still laughing at the article (not HRB, somewhere else) that argued Ned was the most in-form American midfielder in the world.
I absolutely refuse to believe that anyone would write that. Links or you're lying!! There's no way anyone could be that clueless- is there??!

And let's be clear, Nemec is the best European player in the MLS, let alone the world.

Looked out of sorts again tonight. Any legit theories here? Is he sick or injured? Not good.