MLS and Apple Broadcasting Deal

Anyone have a sense as to when the MLS package will be available for purchase and how and when we need to do so? There was banter on Twitter yesterday about deadlines and consequences (not being able to watch our games) and anticipated info from NYCFC this week, but it was not at all clear.

Anyone have a sense as to when the MLS package will be available for purchase and how and when we need to do so? There was banter on Twitter yesterday about deadlines and consequences (not being able to watch our games) and anticipated info from NYCFC this week, but it was not at all clear.

it goes live tomorrow. i assume something has to be announced soon.

Reactions: JayH
I saw the same on twitter complaining that NYCFC hasn't emailed the STH codes yet and it goes live tomorrow and we wll miss the whole first month!

There are also no reports of any teams having distributed the codes. If they had emailed the codes a month ago then tomorrow would come and 20% would need to ask for their codes to be resent. I fully expect to get info this week and probably tomorrow.

Reactions: JayH and Vallos
Just received.

Access to your free MLS Season Pass subscription 

Coming February 1, MLS Season Pass will be the ONLY place to watch every NYCFC regular season, playoff, and Leagues Cup match this season.*   

A complimentary subscription to MLS Season Pass is included with your City Membership account.** We will be sending you your unique link and redemption instructions via email on February 1.  You will be able to find MLS Season Pass on the Apple TV app on your Apple devices, streaming platforms, gaming consoles, smart TVs, or at tv.apple.com 

Sigh, gonna have to shell out another $99 :(

not sure if it will work, but my plan is to use a free subscription and sign up for the MLS deal for the $80 annual price. hoping it does work, but if not, i'll be in the same boat shelling out $100

All this stuff is way over my head, but I'm pretty sure my kids are already paying for Apple+ so they can get the Yankee games. I guess the $8 a month it's going to cost me sucks, but really isn't bad enough to make a big deal over. Besides, I'd really miss kicking back on a Saturday night and watching those late west coast matches.

not sure if it will work, but my plan is to use a free subscription and sign up for the MLS deal for the $80 annual price. hoping it does work, but if not, i'll be in the same boat shelling out $100
what free subscription?

All this stuff is way over my head, but I'm pretty sure my kids are already paying for Apple+ so they can get the Yankee games. I guess the $8 a month it's going to cost me sucks, but really isn't bad enough to make a big deal over. Besides, I'd really miss kicking back on a Saturday night and watching those late west coast matches.
isn't it 13/month for apple+ holders?

Reactions: Gene
I'm glad I follow this Forum because otherwise I'd have no idea about any emails or codes or anything. Been a season ticket holder since day 1, but haven't gotten any email from my rep since July of last year. Just followed up regarding the codes, hopefully I get something.

Here is a reminder for everyone:
1675195679031.png

what free subscription?

You can get appleTV+ for free using various methods. For example, if you have a FREE Target account and join Target Circle (also free to join), one of the offers is 3 months of free AppleTV+. You can also get another 3 months from BestBuy like here.

Combined, you have 6 months, which should cover most of the MLS season including playoffs maybe? But I am unsure what the MLS season pass subscription fine print will be. It isn't currently available to look at. But if all we need is legitimate access to AppleTV+ to get the $79/season annual price, then that's great.

I also would like to know how it's handled if your appleTV+ subscription ends halfway through the MLS season. Do you get your $79/annual price or do you get bumped up to the non-subscriber price? Will they be charging full season subscriptions month to month to handle these situations and allow them to increase the price or will they charge a one time fee?

If anybody has the fine print somewhere, please share. I wasn't able to find it in my cursory review of the MLS site.

I guess that's right.

I got my disinformation from a Big Soccer thread where a guy said the $80 covers 10 months.

I guess that's right.

I got my disinformation from a Big Soccer thread where a guy said the $80 covers 10 months.

it does - IF:
- you are an appleTV+ subscriber AND
- purchase the full season subscription instead of month to month.

I guess that's right.

it does - IF:
- you are an appleTV+ subscriber AND
- purchase the full season subscription instead of month to month.

Aha. I get it now. It _is_ $80 because the one-time purchase is 80. If you do month-to-month it's more. My impression for Gene's is that he was going to do $8 monthly as opposed to the full one-shot based on the wording.

Reactions: moogoo and Gene
Just get the cheapest season ticket anywhere in MLS and sell all the tickets. That’s the best way to do it.

Reactions: Joe_Cos
Just get the cheapest season ticket anywhere in MLS and sell all the tickets. That’s the best way to do it.
That seems like a lot more effort, more risky (if you can’t sell them), and then you’re added to a bunch of mailing lists. I see how it could work but there is more of an up front cost

That seems like a lot more effort, more risky (if you can’t sell them), and then you’re added to a bunch of mailing lists. I see how it could work but there is more of an up front cost
You're also replying to someone that gets pitch-side :)

• Haha
Reactions: JCMore