MLS and Apple Broadcasting Deal

Having them would be great. It would certainly make up for listening to Cangialosi repeatedly on national broadcasts of Hudson River Derby games.*

===
* - And I actually like Cangialosi and think he generally tries to do a fair job, but still...

Reactions: FootyLovin
I presume there will be proper pre and post game coverage? Yesterday ESPN had post game of NBA summer league bleed in the Hudson River Derby timeslot and than had literally zero post game coverage/recap.

I presume there will be proper pre and post game coverage? Yesterday ESPN had post game of NBA summer league bleed in the Hudson River Derby timeslot and than had literally zero post game coverage/recap.

espndeportes managed to at least show the highlights and tiny bit of post game celebration

Reactions: JCMore and Davo15
In addition to all MLS and Leagues Cup matches, the service will provide:
  • A new weekly live match whip-around show so they never miss an exciting goal or save
  • Game replays, highlights, and analysis
  • Original programming
Complete details for the new service, including when fans can sign up, subscription pricing, specific details about the new MLS programming, an improved match schedule, broadcast teams, production enhancements, and pre- and postgame coverage — as well as all the ways fans will be able to enjoy MLS content across the Apple ecosystem — will be announced in the coming months.

Not surprising that the price goes down without exclusivity.

Still, MLS needs as many games as possible on linear TV. It needs the exposure. Apple is giving the league a large bump in cash, so MLS can now take a lower fee from ESPN and try and get them to do as many games as possible.

I got to talk to one of the guys who led the negotiations for this deal. It's always interesting to get the details from someone closely involved.

Don't go bragging about your free AppleTV+ subscriptions just yet...

Reactions: SoupInNYC
Have not seen a single suggestion anyone would get free Apple TV+ because of you his

LOL - Maybe that's why he looked so confused. I just went back and re-read the press release -- the MLS package is included with Apple TV+ and all season ticketholders get access to the MLS streaming package. I mis-remembered it!

Reactions: adam
Reactions: Victors87