MLS - April 2 - Toronto (Away)

Hey all: I'm meeting my brother in Manhattan to watch the match. I usually go to Banter if I want to watch at a bar, but I haven't done this since the pandemic started. and I think it has to be Manhattan. Anyone have any intel on the best place to watch?

It's especially sensitive since the final four game starts at 5:00 and I don't want to have to fight for a screen. What's the most reliable place to not have to face this hassle?

Hey all: I'm meeting my brother in Manhattan to watch the match. I usually go to Banter if I want to watch at a bar, but I haven't done this since the pandemic started. and I think it has to be Manhattan. Anyone have any intel on the best place to watch?

It's especially sensitive since the final four game starts at 5:00 and I don't want to have to fight for a screen. What's the most reliable place to not have to face this hassle?

i am not a bar viewer so I can't speak from experience, but one of these might be a good choice?

ThirdRail posted this earlier in the week!

Reactions: moogoo
i am not a bar viewer so I can't speak from experience, but one of these might be a good choice?

I was asking because I have no confidence that any of those places will actually leave the game on when the Basketball starts.

Ronny hints that we may see Gabriel Pereira on saturday.

seems like Gray is off the injured list. do we see him start again?

Chanot is now on the injured list, so that seems to confirm Callens/Martins.

I was asking because I have no confidence that any of those places will actually leave the game on when the Basketball starts.

ah - i totally misread your question. third rail at carraghers should be good as suggested.

Last edited:
Reactions: KevinJRogers
Do we know how bad the eye injury is? kinda really need Chanot in that CCL game.

Reactions: Kjbert
Can you watch replays from the YES app? My wife wanted to go hiking with friends, so I won't be able to see the game live.

Can you watch replays from the YES app? My wife wanted to go hiking with friends, so I won't be able to see the game live.

I think the replay is available for something like 24 or 48 hours. You can also DVR it, though the game may not start on YES due to the Yankees spring training game. Might be a safer bet to DVR one of their encores.

You can watch replays on the YES website, but be careful when you log on. They usually post the score as a headline, post the score with highlights, post the score on a toolbar etc… as you try and navigate the site looking for the replay. It’s a pretty flawed system.

I think the replay is available for something like 24 or 48 hours. You can also DVR it, though the game may not start on YES due to the Yankees spring training game. Might be a safer bet to DVR one of their encores.
Thanks. I am stealing a friend's cable subscription, so no DVR for me.

Fuck you, Sinclair Broadcasting, for screwing over streaming subscribers.

Thanks. I am stealing a friend's cable subscription, so no DVR for me.

Fuck you, Sinclair Broadcasting, for screwing over streaming subscribers.

VPN and ESPN+ works too. and replays are available for a week i think.

I have to figure out how that works.

it's fairly straight forward. just need a good VPN provider (i use ExpressVPN), connect to a location outside the region, and then log into ESPN+. Sometimes you'll have to connect to different locations to find one with an IP that isn't blocked, but in the last 2 years, I haven't had any issues watching the game over VPN.

Yes, there is a cost involved for the VPN service, but I don't think it's too bad. There is a cost for ESPN+ too but well worth the subscription with all the soccer content on there these days (la liga, bundesliga, domestic cup games, etc). Definitely sucks that many of us have to go through this work around, but it is what it is.

Here's to a solid performance from the boys today. Hoping to see gabriel pereira today at least for 20 mins or something.