Mls Cup Playoff To Expand To 12 Teams In 2015

I've always hated the American playoff system. It's essentially a crapshoot, especially in baseball. The best team doesn't always win. Wish American sports did something like Euro football where the team with the best record at the end of the season is named champion and then you run a small playoff like tournament after the season.

Especially this year where both World Series teams were wildcards, and San Francisco being a 5 seed, a second wild card that did not exist until just a couple of years ago. That being said it felt entertaining even though apparently the ratings stunk for the world series.

Especially this year where both World Series teams were wildcards, and San Francisco being a 5 seed, a second wild card that did not exist until just a couple of years ago. That being said it felt entertaining even though apparently the ratings stunk for the world series.

Unless the Yanks or Sox are playing, the ratings usually stink for the WS.

Garber said today the playoff expansion hasn't been approved yet but could be next week.

Garber said today the playoff expansion hasn't been approved yet but could be next week.

Also gave the main reason as "its entertaining." Well there could be 2 extra goals placed either side of the halfway line which would be entertaining. Ridiculous comparison I suppose but being "entertaining" does not mean its essentially the right thing to do. Then again its the US and not everybody (UK in my case) is going to be ignorant to the way things are done elsewhere.

MLS is doing nothing more than following the blueprint every major sport in the USA goes by. The more teams that make the playoffs the more buzz it creates (read: more $$$ to be made).

Hell, for the first time ever the NCAA (college) is having a playoff system this year to name an undisputed champion for grid football.

Hell, for the first time ever the NCAA (college) is having a playoff system this year to name an undisputed champion for grid football.

Yikes, don't get me started on the NCAA. I'm so mad the NCAA and sponsors and advertisers and equipment companies and coaches are making millions while students don't make a dime.

Ugh, still meaningless to me. I'm not even sure if I pick up UDN for Univision (and I won't be able to understand spanish anyways).

And Fox Sports 1 and 2 programming has been pretty sparse (and I don't even get FS2). Maybe there will be more TV coverage for the knockout round.

http://www.concacaf.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Schedulle-CCL.pdf
Would you care about CCL if it meant you get extra money from MLS to expand your cap and allowed you to host games against big Mexican clubs in NYC?

Reactions: Spanky Roman
Yeah, I'm not positive than an expansion side makes the playoffs in the first year. That's not really my expectation in the first year, but I'd be damn glad to see it.

Yeah, I'm not positive than an expansion side makes the playoffs in the first year. That's not really my expectation in the first year, but I'd be damn glad to see it.
Eh, I think we can put one of the most talented teams on the field even in our first year with our ability to spend on DP's and the MCFC loanees coming as well. As well has having a pretty damn good coach in Kreis, I am cautiously optimistic.