MLS Cup Playoffs - December 11 - Portland (Away)

I want to shout out to Los Templados. I don't normally sit with the supporters. I know there have been issues with some people saying our supporter groups are not coordinated in the stands with the drummers doing one thing, the song leaders another, etc. All I know is those magnificent committed wonderful bastards hauled those drums to the airport, across Portland, and kept time for 120 minutes plus. and I thought were a very important part of why our support was so vocal and so strong.

I want to shout out to Los Templados. I don't normally sit with the supporters. I know there have been issues with some people saying our supporter groups are not coordinated in the stands with the drummers doing one thing, the song leaders another, etc. All I know is those magnificent committed wonderful bastards hauled those drums to the airport, across Portland, and kept time for 120 minutes plus. and I thought were a very important part of why our support was so vocal and so strong.
At away games we tend to have better coordination, not sure why though. It was well done this time! Much better than at Philadelphia. But I agree, if we can have this every game, it would make the supporter section absolutely rock!

Huge thank you to the Third Rail and front office for the prematch breakfast and postmatch party. Genuinely think an MLS Cup experience like this couldn't have happened at home as after the match the players would go about their own personal celebrations and it would be difficult for fans to interact with the players/staff/etc. When you're inches away from the players who just won MLS Cup is something that can't be replicated in other top flight professional sport in the world unless you're an owner.

What a season. What a playoffs. What a final.

It's only fitting that on my way back from Portland at the security line I was behind VAR Chris Penso and chatted with him for around 10 minutes. My opening line to him which made him chuckle, "What wasn't clear and obvious?"

Of all people for you to be behind in the security line, OF COURSE it was the VAR. That's incredible.

For the record, even though I firmly believe that was a foul, I'm actually OK with it not being called in that moment. Five seconds to go in the championship game, their last chance, I'm OK with it being a non-call. It's a foul at nearly all times of the season, but in that moment I'm OK with the way it went down. Plus if they do call that goal back, there's probably a riot on their hands.

I'm sure had we lost I'd be thinking differently.

Maybe the TV smartypants who scheduled the game for noon/3pm knew what they were doing.

There was very little sports on at the same time. Really just the Army/Navy game. And with how compelling that game was, easy to see how casuals would stick around.

Reactions: Kjbert