MLS Cup Playoffs - November 30 - New England (Away)

I was thinking if there was an award for a “come back player of the year” but all tied up in just one season instead of playing poor the first season and playing will the second, then Morales would have won it. Alas that’s a silly award, he’s just on the whole has improved
Isn't comeback player of the year for a player that was injured and overcame it in the best possible way?

Reactions: Kjbert
Reading the Reddit post match thread. Lots of complaints about the bye leading to a 23 day layoff which is a huge a detriment rather then a reward for winning your conference/supporters shield. That’s valid and honestly needs to be looked at. BUT it does bother me that we played the Revs three times this year and pushed them to the limit each time (minus most of the away fixture). We had their number. No one mentions that. Maybe their was some rust, but it’s not unprecedented for us to out play them. Put some respect on our name!!!

Still buzzing! Can’t wait for Sunday! Hoping for the best!!!

Right - three regular season games between NYCFC and New England - 270 minutes ended up 5-5. Add another 120 minutes, and you get to 7-7.

Reading the Reddit post match thread. Lots of complaints about the bye leading to a 23 day layoff which is a huge a detriment rather then a reward for winning your conference/supporters shield
Always keep in mind that post loss fan convos always look for a scapegoat and almost never just say the other team was better or outplayed them.

It's why teams hate on YS or astroturf or weather or in this case a long layoff.

It just hurts too much to say they weren't as good as they thought they were. (At least not last night anyway.)

Also the reserves jumping over the boards -- then back again. Amazing.
Lol. Great stuff.
There a great photo set by Katie Cahalin on the club site:

This is my favorite:
NCFC-Revs-Post-Win.jpg

ETA: Katie responded to me on Twitter. Though her name is on the photo set (maybe as editor?) this image, at least, came from a local USA Today photographer. Now I feel bad I told her that was my favorite.

Last edited:
gotta give props to rocha. not much has been said about him in any writeups i've seen. but the guy steps in with probably little to no warmup.. has barely played more than 10 mins the entire season.. and put in a solid performance in a huge game.

i hope we keep him on the squad when his contract expires. hopefully charlotte don't take him in the draft.

gotta give props to rocha. not much has been said about him in any writeups i've seen. but the guy steps in with probably little to no warmup.. has barely played more than 10 mins the entire season.. and put in a solid performance in a huge game.

i hope we keep him on the squad when his contract expires. hopefully charlotte don't take him in the draft.
I still think Tajouri-Shradi is an expansion draft type of player.

yeah. what up with Tony? dude puts in such great effort and surprises me every time he gets on the field. I guess I should stop being surprised.

yeah. what up with Tony? dude puts in such great effort and surprises me every time he gets on the field. I guess I should stop being surprised.

don't think there's anything wrong with him. it's just that he's low on the depth chart in a position where we have a lot of depth. the guy works hard though and always puts in a solid shift in midfield. i would have liked to have seen him get a start against FCC or something with the congested schedule we had. but it is what it is.

we'll see what happens in the off season.. maybe he'll want to go somewhere and get more playing time? maybe he'll want to stay cause he loves the club? who knows. personally, i think the club should reasonably try to keep him when his contract expires