MLS Cup Playoffs - October 30 - Philadelphia (Away)

What moron decided that the NYCFC vs. Philly game would be at 8 p.m. local time and the Austin vs. LAFC would be at noon local time?

I told that fuck down at the league office... Who's in charge of scheduling?

someone said somewhere (can't remember) ESPN with their 3pm slot, had first choice, and they picked LA. so playoff scheduling seems to be decided by TV rights and not by the league ...

Reactions: KevinJRogers
I'll see how I feel in a week, but I'm also going to find it tough to drag myself even to Texas. Just this month I've been to Colorado/Utah for a week, and a weekend in Michigan, and I'm in Michigan again next weekend. It's not even the travel as much as not having the weekends either to get stuff done or relax/recharge.
We might need to count on some new blood to uphold the forum presence.
But one step at a time.
Makes complete sense. I’ve been traveling a ton this month, but figure if they give us $10 tickets again, I’d HAVE to go.

I’m actually in Seattle this weekend (go Giants) so I won’t be able to attend the Philly match, but I probably wouldn’t have been able to go even if I was at home… the 8 pm kickoff just kills you, especially when work is the next day.

MLS Cup being on Saturday makes it such an ideal trip, if we get there. Hopefully we do.

Makes complete sense. I’ve been traveling a ton this month, but figure if they give us $10 tickets again, I’d HAVE to go.

I’m actually in Seattle this weekend (go Giants) so I won’t be able to attend the Philly match, but I probably wouldn’t have been able to go even if I was at home… the 8 pm kickoff just kills you, especially when work is the next day.

MLS Cup being on Saturday makes it such an ideal trip, if we get there. Hopefully we do.
I’m not saying no yet either. We’ll see, if it happens.

I agree about Saturday. It’s why I’m in Michigan 2x this month - Saturday football - and it’s such a doable trip.
I also liked that the final in Portland was at noon local (3pm Eastern). I just stayed on East time and I didn’t mind getting up early Saturday or even earlier on Sunday for the flight home. A lot of people who traveled didn’t like that but it worked for me.
You just need to be able to sleep on the plane.

Ticket lottery is closing today now (not tomorrow) for any STH still on the fence.

Reactions: Kjbert
Monday's FanDuel line:

Philadelphia -130; Draw +270; NYCFC +290 (LAFC -210; Draw +350; Austin +430)

FiveThirtyEight

Philadelphia 69%; NYCFC 31% (LAFC 76%, Austin 24%)

that is hilarious but can't hate too much cause we get the same treatment here :(
The beat writer for the Mets on MLB.com dissed us on Twitter and immediately got lit up pretty good by the faithful. Whatever the size of our fanbase, it's passionate enough.

By the way, there's an old joke about the N.Y. Rangers -- something to the effect, they really only have about 18,000 true fans in the City. But they all go to every game. LOL

Anyway, once we have our own park, I think things will be different. Especially if it is indeed at Willets Point. Being right across the street from Citi Field would make us hard to miss.

Monday's FanDuel line:

Philadelphia -130; Draw +270; NYCFC +290 (LAFC -210; Draw +350; Austin +430)

FiveThirtyEight

Philadelphia 69%; NYCFC 31% (LAFC 76%, Austin 24%))
I like betting on the opposing team when I have such a high rooting interest. It’s a win-win - either my team wins, or I win money.

Reactions: 413Blue and Kenny
To be honest, I put money on Philadelphia during the home game this year. They won the match, I won money, and I felt dirty. Don't do it.
if only you knew how much money the Houston Astros won me last night (and the last 3-4 nights before that).

200 tickets in an 18,500 stadium is crazy. That's a bit over 1% of stadium capacity.

Actually, sorry, horrible is an understatement. Disgusting? Yeah, that's the one.

I bet they did this because of last year when our fans flooded all the other areas of the stadium too

200 tickets in an 18,500 stadium is crazy. That's a bit over 1% of stadium capacity.

Actually, sorry, horrible is an understatement. Disgusting? Yeah, that's the one.

I bet they did this because of last year when our fans flooded all the other areas of the stadium too

we complained about this last year. i think it was the same amount last year too. around 200 tickets or 250 maybe?

They jacked up the price of standing room tickets by $40 this morning. They are probably trying to gouge us like we did to the Guatemala fans in Hartford lol.

we complained about this last year. i think it was the same amount last year too. around 200 tickets or 250 maybe?
third rail email starts with:
"Since the entire NYCFC ticket allotment was cut by 150 tickets compared to last year we are doing a lottery. There are 200 total tickets for NYCFC[...]"

that means they just about cut it in half. It was at 350, which would have been roughly 1.8%.

• Wow
Reactions: moogoo

The 200 away tickets are based on MLS regulations for 2022 away playoff matches. It's MLS that's the problem not Union.

The 200 away tickets are based on MLS regulations for 2022 away playoff matches. It's MLS that's the problem not Union.
...and I still don't care who mandates it. It's ridiculous, especially for close-distance rivals.
I don't get how it's not a flat 5% or something based on stadium size.