Mls Live Worth It?

Thanks, but I'm mostly now wondering how your system didn't get the update that mine got in between the post I made Sunday and the one I made Thursday, both on page 5.
Hmmm. I have MLS app version 1.0.8 on an Apple TV 4th gen running tvOS 10.2 (which claims it's up to date). Are either of yours newer than that? Can check the buttons I'm offered this afternoon but last night I only had the one.

Hmmm. I have MLS app version 1.0.8 on an Apple TV 4th gen running tvOS 10.2 (which claims it's up to date). Are either of yours newer than that? Can check the buttons I'm offered this afternoon but last night I only had the one.
My MLS App is 1.1.18. Also 4Gen and 10.2 tvOS. You might try uninstalling and reinstalling the app to force an update.

My MLS App is 1.1.18. Also 4Gen and 10.2 tvOS. You might try uninstalling and reinstalling the app to force an update.
Crap. Now I have homework.

ETA: Yup, now have the latest version. So much for autoupdate.

Last edited:
Reactions: mgarbowski
Posting here because this is tangentially related. I'm looking for a recommendation for a good HDMI switcher. The first one I had worked well but I did not like how it handles priority. I want Connection 1 (my Apple TV) always to have priority. The switcher I had would automatically switch from 1 to 2 when 1 is turned off, which is fine, but it would not switch back when Item 1 is turned back on. I would have to manually switch back to Item 1. My new switcher works the way I want, but does not have a good connection.

Reactions: Gotham Gator
Ugh. MLS Live.

So I just spent the past 15 minutes trying to figure out why this !@#$% thing isn't working and won't let me watch the match, valuable minutes I won't ever get back. Logging out, logging back in, scratching my head, trying all the things again. Finally tried it on my laptop and figured out in moments what the problem was. The good news is that the new version of the app works just fine, and you do have the two buttons for watching live or from the beginning. The bad news is that if the match is blacked out because it's on national TV the !@#$% app does not !@#$% tell you. All it does when you click either Watch button is drop you back out into the fixtures list. No explanation, no warning, just acts as if it's broken.

BECAUSE IT !@#$% *IS* BROKEN.

Thank you. Carry on.

Not MLS Live related, sorry -- anyone else having problems with the Fox Sports Go app on Apple TV 4th Gen. today? Seems there was an update today and now the app is broken at the subscriber verification stage.

ETA: Please disregard -- the app has been updated again and seems to be fixed.

Last edited:
I just noticed that the app converts game times/days to your local time zone. Super convenient little details like that seem to be well done this year.