MLS Playoffs 2017 - Conference Finals

Midas Mulligan

Registered
Elite Donor
Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Apr 29, 2014
NYC
ive given Gotham Gator Gotham Gator an entire international break, and he has failed in his duties.

Anyone else think Columbus is going to stick it to Toronto tonight? Yeah, me neither.

But I do think Columbus can win, and I think Arturo and Trapp can bother the hell out of Bradley. Because Bradley sucks.

ive given Gotham Gator Gotham Gator an entire international break, and he has failed in his duties.

Anyone else think Columbus is going to stick it to Toronto tonight? Yeah, me neither.

But I do think Columbus can win, and I think Arturo and Trapp can bother the hell out of Bradley. Because Bradley sucks.
Yeah, the Crew can win but probably won’t. And apparently Trapp is the new Bradley.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2017...el-bradley-pose-clash-similarities-east-final

Yeah, the Crew can win but probably won’t. And apparently Trapp is the new Bradley.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2017...el-bradley-pose-clash-similarities-east-final
New Bradley, same as the old Bradley. Sideways passer who can’t defend or score, yet celebrated by MLSperts for completing 80% of his passes.

I don’t care for either one. But only one still threatens to be a part of the national team depending upon leadership. So he’s the one I’d most like to retire out of sheer humiliation.

Haha... it's good to know i'm not the only one who thinks Bradley sucks. I've long since wondered why he has a spot on the national team in such a critical location and gets paid so much for being so completely lackluster. The guy has zero dribbling ability for a professional and national team player, zero scoring ability (other than lucky shots) and let's face it, he's not exactly the greatest defender or playmaker either. Sure, there are worse players, but I don't think he lives up to the hype that he gets.. not even close.

TFC will win if giovinco is on point. Though his and altidore's behavior in games is so embarrassing. Fake injuries, overly exaggerated dives, and seeming poor sportsmanship. Columbus should know better than to foul near the box or it's an automatic goal. If they can do that, I think they have a good chance of winning if they can maintain high pressure.

Columbus needs to start trying to score. They won’t shut out TFC in Toronto

MLS quality is god awful. If Hivemind did not have emotional attachment to a certain squad that plays on a tiny pitch, it would not care at all if this league were to just go away. Have these players ever even watched decent football? Have they played FIFA? Hivemind is embarrassed to watch this.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
This reminded me of the time I had some Eurosnob friends over to watch the MLS Cup Final, hoping to convince them to get into MLS and support the local game. First thing that happens is Clarke makes an egregious error and slams it off the attacker into his own net. Predictably, my friends remained Eurosnobs.

No such gaffes this time around, but when the refereeing is this consistently bad, it's hard to become attached to the outcome of the game, or indeed the playoffs altogether.

Haha... it's good to know i'm not the only one who thinks Bradley sucks. I've long since wondered why he has a spot on the national team in such a critical location and gets paid so much for being so completely lackluster. The guy has zero dribbling ability for a professional and national team player, zero scoring ability (other than lucky shots) and let's face it, he's not exactly the greatest defender or playmaker either. Sure, there are worse players, but I don't think he lives up to the hype that he gets.. not even close.

TFC will win if giovinco is on point. Though his and altidore's behavior in games is so embarrassing. Fake injuries, overly exaggerated dives, and seeming poor sportsmanship. Columbus should know better than to foul near the box or it's an automatic goal. If they can do that, I think they have a good chance of winning if they can maintain high pressure.

I think this might be the beginning of a beautiful relationship.

M moogoo :kissingheart::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::kissingheart: Midas Mulligan Midas Mulligan

Yep. I've been trying to forget the playoffs were happening ever since Callens lost his mind and fucked the season. Thanks for covering.

Anyone see the Bradley elbow to Meram's face yesterday and Meram went down? I can't remember exactly when it was (probably second half) as I was kinda drunk watching on my flight.

No card at all to Bradley, but if happens to be a few inches taller, its a red?

Anyone see the Bradley elbow to Meram's face yesterday and Meram went down? I can't remember exactly when it was (probably second half) as I was kinda drunk watching on my flight.

I don't think so. Arm not cocked - i.e. not bent to expose elbow. Just throwing an arm back to fend off a player. That might get you a yellow, but it was hardly egregious.

Still don't think that's a red card if Kelly is still reffing. I've seen 10 more egregious "elbows" notmeven carded since then.

I think it was one of those things that I mentioned early in the season could become an issue with VAR. A play that is technically a red card but rarely gets called one during live action. Now, with VAR, a guy gets sent off.

In this day and age, you can no longer do what Callens did - especially in a tournament game. The risk is too high.

I really like him as a player, but he has made a few mistakes here and there, and this was a big one. I would say it is the worst mistake a player has made for this Club given the consequences.

Still don't think that's a red card if Kelly is still reffing. I've seen 10 more egregious "elbows" notmeven carded since then.

Bullshit, I’m a major homer but the Callens idiocy was basically Callens thinking he was the Rock and giving a no look people’s elbow.

Callens fucked the season, but you can’t say that it wasn’t a clear red card.

I think it was one of those things that I mentioned early in the season could become an issue with VAR. A play that is technically a red card but rarely gets called one during live action. Now, with VAR, a guy gets sent off.

In this day and age, you can no longer do what Callens did - especially in a tournament game. The risk is too high.

I really like him as a player, but he has made a few mistakes here and there, and this was a big one. I would say it is the worst mistake a player has made for this Club given the consequences.
No way. His only mistake was jockeying for position and being put to the sword by am incompetent ref and shit VAR system.

I didn't see it, but Meram? Again? Does this guy have a reputation as a flopper?

Last edited: