Elite Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
New York, NY
New York City FC vs. Inter Miami CF
Saturday, September 21, 2:00 PM ET
Yankee Stadium
Apple TV (MLS Season Pass)

With today's announcement (below), this will be the last regular season game this year at Yankee Stadium.

Final Two Regular Season Home Matches Scheduled for Red Bull Arena
New York City FC can today confirm that their final two home matches of the MLS Regular Season are scheduled to take place at Red Bull Arena. Due to the MLB Playoffs schedule, both Yankee Stadium and Citi Field are currently unavailable.

Additionally, New York City FC’s match against Nashville SC, originally scheduled for Saturday, October 5, has been moved to Sunday, October 6 at 4pm ET.

In the event Citi Field or Yankee Stadium become available, the Club will make every effort to play these matches at one of these two venues.

Wednesday, October 2

New York City FC vs. FC Cincinnati

Red Bull Arena

7:30pm ET kickoff

Sunday, October 6

New York City FC vs. Nashville SC

Red Bull Arena

4pm ET kickoff

How are we feeling, Resale Gang? Any recent/credible updates on the special guest?

ESPN a week ago:
Lionel Messi returned to group training with Inter Miami CF on Wednesday, more than six weeks after the Argentina captain left the Copa América final with a badly sprained right ankle.

There is still no official timetable for when Messi, the eight-time Ballon d'Or winner, will play again for Inter Miami, which has the best record in MLS so far this season, although coach Gerardo Martino said on Friday that he would be back in time for the playoffs.

Link

How are we feeling, Resale Gang? Any recent/credible updates on the special guest?

Most recent report I saw from a reputable source was that they were hoping Messi could return for the game on Sept. 14.

Reactions: joe
Lots of non-reliable sources claiming they are targeting the Philadelphia game which is a week before ours. Many cite Michele Kaufman, a reporter for the Miami Herald, but I can't find her actually saying that. Closest I found was her saying he's improving and oh by the way after they play Chicago last weekend there's 2 weeks off before Philadelphia so maybe?
FWIW after Philly Miami plays Atlanta midweek before NYC on Saturday.
I would put it above 50-50 he plays, but I also expect at this point anyone who has not bought tickets and is considering it will probably wait until after the Union and Atlanta games.

Reactions: joe
I'm assuming then that if we are barely above 50-50, the best bet for minutes is around 30?

If I’m the coach of Miami, I’m saving Messi for the playoffs. Maybe playing 20 minutes late to get minutes before the playoffs.

Reactions: moogoo
They play home to Inter Miami tomorrow (Saturday) then away to Atlanta (turf) on Wednesday before we play them...

Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

Lionel Messi is starting tonight for Miami, so I would assume we're full speed ahead for him playing next weekend in the Bronx.