MLS - September 7 - Cincinnati (Home)

Yeah. Some comments on reddit noted that the Arthur Ashe evening session starts an hour before the NYCFC game, so the lots might just be full and this is more a matter of you can park until they run out of room, rather than not being allowed to park at all.
This game was originally scheduled at 8 PM, which is odd for an NYC based home game. We were probably told it had to be 8 PM so we don't take up US Open parking spots.

Don't understand why they need so many spots this late into the tournament. There's no more ground passes being sold and it's the QF already.

Reactions: mgarbowski
Yeah. Some comments on reddit noted that the Arthur Ashe evening session starts an hour before the NYCFC game, so the lots might just be full and this is more a matter of you can park until they run out of room, rather than not being allowed to park at all.
Does it? Online I see 8pm.

Tonight's evening session starts at 7pm on Ashe. I suspect the same is true for tomorrow.

When we go to the crowded day sessions in the first week, the parking lot is fairly full, but not totally full. I would feel fine driving tomorrow were I going.

Weird, Google says 8pm. Don't trust Google I guess.

I'm debating if to attempt parking or not. Does us open typically full up all the citi parking lots?

I went to the open last Thurs when there was also a Mets game was on , I had no issue parking at 5.30 ish

I went to the open last Thurs when there was also a Mets game was on , I had no issue parking at 5.30 ish
Gates for nycfc only open like 6:30.

Did you have to show your ticket, or you payed regular 20 at the gate like usual?

If anyone's going, I'm down to go to a bar and shoot the shit for an hour and arrive ~5:30/6.

Gates for nycfc only open like 6:30.

Did you have to show your ticket, or you payed regular 20 at the gate like usual?

If anyone's going, I'm down to go to a bar and shoot the shit for an hour and arrive ~5:30/6.
No didn’t have to show anything

Reactions: Shwafta
Really hope the return of Callens, Martins, and Parks gives the team an emotional boost. Feels like things have been spiraling the last few weeks, and we could use something good happening. Almost feels like their return is more important emotionally than physically.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
I was spooked by the prospect of traffic and parking, so listed my tix (at a discount) and shocked that they sold so quickly!

for me, anything slightly lower than what other resale prices are generally does sell.

Reactions: JayH
Details from the US Open site: Transportation, Directions & Parking | Visit - Official Site of the 2022 US Open Tennis Championships - A USTA Event

Really sounds like NYCFC never coordinated with anyone at the US Open to make tonight a conflict date. So now all tennis fans are going to be parking at Citi Field.

VIEW MAP

Paid Parking
When there is a New York Mets home game (known as a Conflict Date) guests will be directed to park in BLUE ZONE PARKING and ORANGE ZONE PARKING as directed by NYPD and parking lot staff. When there isn't a New York Mets home game (known as a Non-Conflict Date) guests will be directed to park in Mets Stadium parking, YELLOW ZONE PARKING as directed by NYPD and parking lot staff. Subject to change. (Vehicles: $30; Bus: $50)
Parking is complimentary for Cadillac vehicles in all paid lots beginning on Monday, August 29 (first day of Main Draw)

1662558852797.png

Really sounds like NYCFC never coordinated with anyone at the US Open to make tonight a conflict date.
I think it's more likely they were told to go pound sand, but I still blame them for not announcing the problem until yesterday.
When the tennis center opened the Mets were already there (at Shea). The Mets had dibs. I expect that their terms were that on conflict days the Mets keep their entire normal parking area and tennis center is relegated to the smaller lots on the other side and the USTA had no choice but to accept it.
NYCFC comes along and asks for the same terms as the Mets and the USTA laughs.

Also, I'm amused that the USTA calls it "Mets Stadium parking." Citibank is not a USTA sponsor and JP Morgan Chase and Amex don't want Citi's name on USTA materials.

Last edited:
Details from the US Open site: Transportation, Directions & Parking | Visit - Official Site of the 2022 US Open Tennis Championships - A USTA Event

Really sounds like NYCFC never coordinated with anyone at the US Open to make tonight a conflict date. So now all tennis fans are going to be parking at Citi Field.
VIEW MAP
Paid Parking
When there is a New York Mets home game (known as a Conflict Date) guests will be directed to park in BLUE ZONE PARKING and ORANGE ZONE PARKING as directed by NYPD and parking lot staff. When there isn't a New York Mets home game (known as a Non-Conflict Date) guests will be directed to park in Mets Stadium parking, YELLOW ZONE PARKING as directed by NYPD and parking lot staff. Subject to change. (Vehicles: $30; Bus: $50)
Parking is complimentary for Cadillac vehicles in all paid lots beginning on Monday, August 29 (first day of Main Draw)

View attachment 12239
Sounds to me like yellow zone parking is today.

I'm going to be there at around 6, let's go get that W today guys!!! The team needs all our support don't use the cliche don't use the cliche now more than ever

I am just going to head there early and if questioned tell them I am going to the tennis , either way they are getting paid and more than likely I will have left way before the tennis ends

Any good pregame places near citi? or just stand outside a car and tailgate type of stuff?

What's an alternative parking location if i get there and there's no parking, btw? anyone know?