Mls Slanting To Ocsc?

yFYSF.gif

Perhaps because Orlando has been more out there while NYCFC people come off like they got drunk and fell asleep in Dick Chaney's undisclosed location.

Reactions: Drainyoo
If giving them home fixture for first game isn't slanted towards them I don't know what is. Then again it is a clear acknowledgement by MLS that the fixture is much bigger from HOM's point of view in terms of who the opponents are. Of course that's not the way the majority at Citrus Bowl on March 8th will see it even though its the only obvious reason for the decision. Other than that ridiculous decision I can't say there's been any clear bias at all. At least not from what I've noticed. Not really into this whole media, league conspiracy theory stuff.

If giving them home fixture for first game isn't slanted towards them I don't know what is. Then again it is a clear acknowledgement by MLS that the fixture is much bigger from HOM's point of view in terms of who the opponents are. Of course that's not the way the majority at Citrus Bowl on March 8th will see it even though its the only obvious reason for the decision. Other than that ridiculous decision I can't say there's been any clear bias at all. At least not from what I've noticed. Not really into this whole media, league conspiracy theory stuff.
I'm guessing they picked it to be a home game in Orlanda because the weather there will be much nicer.

The league knew what they were doing scheduling NYCFC for their home opener. They saw the shots Orlando took at them and wanted to play up the notion of a rivalry.

Their following is mostly based on the fact that they did really well in USL. MLS is a different beast. The true test of their so called following will be when they go through the dreaded expansion first season. With the way they've been talking, they think they'll do as well as in USL with a squad made up of Kaka, 2-3 guys with MLS experience and the rest unproven in the league. There's a reason why Kreis selected many veterans.

Their following is mostly based on the fact that they did really well in USL. MLS is a different beast. The true test of their so called following will be when they go through the dreaded expansion first season. With the way they've been talking, they think they'll do as well as in USL with a squad made up of Kaka, 2-3 guys with MLS experience and the rest unproven in the league. There's a reason why Kreis selected many veterans.
Not sure how they will perform over a MLS season, but it is very true: Orlando fans have no idea what even losing 2 in a row is like. They were that good in the 3rd division of pro soccer.

I have to revive this Thread cause there's so much more of this crap now and it drives me nuts.
Look at the 2015 MLS Team Guides at the bottoms is there "Armchair Best Case" and for NYCFC we get:
http://www.mlssoccer.com/video/2015/03/01/new-york-city-fc-team-preview-2015-mls-guide

"To borrow from Jon Chaney: dribbling is an individual skill. Shooting is an individual skill. Passing is a team skill. You put 11 guys out there, and the only thing that connects them is the ball and a shared understanding of what to do both with and without it.

That is why expansion teams struggle. Even expansion teams with successful head coaches, MLS Cup-winning 'keepers and World Cup-winning strikers.

In a perfect world, NYCFC will overcome all that from the start and create instant chemistry, riding Villa's (and eventually Lampard's) goals to a playoff spot in the East. But nobody should expect that to happen, unless the stars truly align over the Bronx."

While OCSC........
http://www.mlssoccer.com/video/2015/03/01/orlando-city-sc-team-preview-2015-mls-guide

"There are always more variables with expansion teams than with pretty much anyone else, but at least OCSC have a built-in culture and some know-how. It shows in the way they've built their team, relying as much as possible on veteran MLS players sprinkled with a few high-upside youngsters.

There is also Kaka. He will single handedly win several games this year.

The question is if he can stay healthy enough to turn "several" into "many," and how quickly everyone around him gets organized. This team probably can't top the East this season, but if everything goes right there will be playoff soccer in Florida."

So New York needs a Miracle just to make the playoffs. but Orlando can make the payoffs it's just the finals that might be out of reach......Ugh. And Good for Kaka but Villa, Mix, Grabavoy.....we have a nice verity of Powerhouses....let alone Lampard, love him or hate him, he's another Force.

Plus fill the bowl can go screw. If we filled Yankee Stadium for our Home opener against the Revs (which isn't as sexy as OCSC facing Us for theirs) it would be put on the Pay-no-mind-list by MLS.com.

I'm almost surprised that that "Top Rivalries Poll isn't being padded. I was floored when I saw NYCFC-OCSC on that list. Thank God the real ones are in the top 5. I'm even glad the Red Bulls-NYCFC didn't make it.

I just want to slam my head through my desk when I see this stuff. I used a High School analogy about the MLS teams and different HS types......but this is like that new kid who finally gets to be in the nicer school (rather than starting their like us), it's like the Principal is a family friend or something and they want to be the Prom King. I just don't get it.

OMG If you want to see some dick sucking watch this. http://www.mlssoccer.com/video/2015/03/01/orlando-city-sc-team-preview-2015-mls-guide
And all the NYCFC video is, is just a insult....It was like a NYC Minstral show. Do that Accent again Rachel my spine hasn't totally shattered from the Douche Chills I got. Plus she refereed to OCSC as "City". EWWWWW Cause City isn't found in NYC. But Orlando instantly evokes the term City.......UGH

It just shows it all in those 2 videos. OCSC apparently is the 2nd coming of Christ according to the MLS and NYCFC are pretty much the Jerky Boy Characters with Jerseys on.

We Need to CRUSH Orlando

OMG If you want to see some dick sucking watch this. http://www.mlssoccer.com/video/2015/03/01/orlando-city-sc-team-preview-2015-mls-guide
And all the NYCFC video is, is just a insult....It was like a NYC Minstral show. Do that Accent again Rachel my spine hasn't totally shattered from the Douche Chills I got. Plus she refereed to OCSC as "City". EWWWWW Cause City isn't found in NYC. But Orlando instantly evokes the term City.......UGH

It just shows it all in those 2 videos. OCSC apparently is the 2nd coming of Christ according to the MLS and NYCFC are pretty much the Jerky Boy Characters with Jerseys on.

We Need to CRUSH Orlando

Yuck.

We Need to CRUSH Orlando
I love everything about this post...

post-53948-Shia-LaBeouf-Citizen-Kane-slow-Mdc4.gif