My Take On The Jerseys

Ok, here's a Villa mockup with shorts.

nycfc-jersey-villa.jpg

Lifelong City supporter joining your fine forum as I am excited to follow NYCFC's development.

These shirts look great. I have one question, though based on the various reactions to the shirts:

Are supporters generally opposed to playing in a sky blue home kit?

Lifelong City supporter joining your fine forum as I am excited to follow NYCFC's development.

These shirts look great. I have one question, though based on the various reactions to the shirts:

Are supporters generally opposed to playing in a sky blue home kit?

I'm not opposed to it at all, but I would like to see a little bit of navy or orange in it so it doesn't exactly mimic City's home kits

I'm not opposed to it at all, but I would like to see a little bit of navy or orange in it so it doesn't exactly mimic City's home kits
I'd like to see that...mostly Sky Blue but with 10% orange and 10% dark blue.

Away has to be white IMO for contract. (Always thought the same for City)

Could the third be orange and dark blue vertical stripes (similar to the City black and red traditional away)?

Not sure how it would put us in terms of league jerseys, but I know for sure that these would easily be a popular jersey in the NY area!

I love the black jersey for two reasons. One it's like Juve's old black away kit which I loved. Second, this goes great with a city type style where many dress in black. How about subtle orange stripes? Overall, you've done a great job.

I love
Being a graphic designer, I can't help wondering about all the details of the upcoming kits, so I went ahead and quickly mocked up what I would love to see NYCFC release. I used existing country jerseys made by Adidas that I felt have the details that I'm looking for.

I think the home color should be the sky blue, with some hits of the navy blue. The away would have the navy as the primary color, with the tertiary orange as the accent. These two colors work beautifully together. The vertical lines would be sewn into the shirt, giving it a nice texture. For the third kit, this is a perfect place to use the orange, and also introduce a horizontal line pattern, making it unique from the home and away versions.

To me, JetBlue is the perfect shirt sponsor because they're based in NYC, and the logo is clean and simple. Most likely they won't be the sponsor, but we can hope.

Anyway, figured I'd share this. Hoping we see something like this. Can't wait.

nycfc-jerseys.jpg
I love how nice these look not to Man City, not too Yankees, it's the perfect mix. I also love the orange cause its my favorite color

I don't think everyone has an issue with a sky blue home jersey, but it better incorporate the other colors in it, if it is. A plain old boring sky blue jersey won't do either. They should just flat out steal Drainyoo Drainyoo designs and be done with it. I got a lot of traction on twitter with my posts. Keep retweeting it so NYCFC sees. Jet Blue responded. They certainly liked them lol