My Take On The Jerseys

Personally I'd love a third jersey that was dark blue with just a white monogram and white trim with maybe just a little orange somewhere.

Just looking at the kits I could MLS teams is that if they are blue they have a red away kit or if a red home a blue away. That seems to be in part because most of the color schemes in MLS are red & blue (fire, FC Dallas, prime examples). After, that generally works to provide enough diversity. Home Color schemes of shirts as of now by conference are:

Columbus: yellow (White away)
Dc United: Black (white)
New England: Navy Blue (white)
Sporting KC: Sky blue/Navy blue (Navy blue with sky blue)(3rd kit black with sweet navy/sky blue plaid)
Dynamo: orange (white)
Impact: blue (white)(black & white)
Red Bulls: White (navy)
Philadelphia Union: Navy/Gold (sky blue white)(black)
Toronto FC: red (black)

Chivas USA: red (navy)
RSL: red (white)
Colorado: burgundy (an unholy shade of blue)
Vancouver: white (dark navy blue)
FC Dallas: Red (blue hoops)
San Jose: blue (red)
Portland: green (red)(green w/ gold)
LA Galaxy: white (blue)(black)
Sounders: neon green (black)(another black, with even more neony green)

Now don't forget Orlando will be coming in with a purple shirt.

Based on the plethora of blue already there in MLS, I think the club may choose a navy blue only for a third kit and try to go in a different direction with the away kit. I like the idea of having an orange away kit, since only the dynamo use orange at all in their color scheme and when Houston plays NYCFC it'll obviously be orange v. sky blue. NYCFC could also follow most of the blue home pack and have a red one but I hope not.

Thanks, and I see the point, but this isn't any kind of written rule. Sure, a lot of teams have completely different colors between jerseys, look at Real Madrid's new away, the shit is magenta. But that doesn't mean you can't get it to work with the same color for both.

And like BxLio91 mentioned above, that's why there are third jerseys. Side not, I don't think any MLS teams have a third. Are there any?
MANY do. Philly, Montreal, LA, Seattle, Portland, and SKC

If I sounded like a jerk, I certainly didn't mean to. I apologize. My main point is that I fcking LOVE the design and I hope the actual jerseys look as similar as possible. My point about blue and dark blue was made to point out that it's unrealistic to expect them to use those colors. However, a dark blue 3rd jersey would work, I think.

Just looking at the kits I could MLS teams is that if they are blue they have a red away kit or if a red home a blue away. That seems to be in part because most of the color schemes in MLS are red & blue (fire, FC Dallas, prime examples). After, that generally works to provide enough diversity. Home Color schemes of shirts as of now by conference are:

Columbus: yellow (White away)
Dc United: Black (white)
New England: Navy Blue (white)
Sporting KC: Sky blue/Navy blue (Navy blue with sky blue)(3rd kit black with sweet navy/sky blue plaid)
Dynamo: orange (white)
Impact: blue (white)(black & white)
Red Bulls: White (navy)
Philadelphia Union: Navy/Gold (sky blue white)(black)
Toronto FC: red (black)

Chivas USA: red (navy)
RSL: red (white)
Colorado: burgundy (an unholy shade of blue)
Vancouver: white (dark navy blue)
FC Dallas: Red (blue hoops)
San Jose: blue (red)
Portland: green (red)(green w/ gold)
LA Galaxy: white (blue)(black)
Sounders: neon green (black)(another black, with even more neony green)

Now don't forget Orlando will be coming in with a purple shirt.

Based on the plethora of blue already there in MLS, I think the club may choose a navy blue only for a third kit and try to go in a different direction with the away kit. I like the idea of having an orange away kit, since only the dynamo use orange at all in their color scheme and when Houston plays NYCFC it'll obviously be orange v. sky blue. NYCFC could also follow most of the blue home pack and have a red one but I hope not.

You forgot Chicago.

Reactions: MikeDatTiger
I thought Etihad Airways was our sponsor. Nevertheless I love the jerseys specially the black one with orange stripes!

I thought Etihad Airways was our sponsor. Nevertheless I love the jerseys specially the black one with orange stripes!

A sponsor has not yet been announced. My money is on Etihad but there aren't even rumours to that effect yet.

Just reading the comments—is everyone ok with the home shirt being primarily sky blue, as has been intimated by MCFC and NYCFC officials?

Just reading the comments—is everyone ok with the home shirt being primarily sky blue, as has been intimated by MCFC and NYCFC officials?

I'd think so. Sky blue isn't a common color in American sports in general (other than Sporting KC, who will be in the Western Conference at some point anyway). Moreover, it distinguishes NYCFC from the other clubs in the area who all use a darker blue. If you use a darker blue, you're using a color used by a bunch of NY and MLS teams already. Your other option is orange, which could work but sky blue is fine.