My Take On The Jerseys

This popped up in my twitter feed a little bit ago and thought the people in this thread would like it:
https://twitter.com/Paul5Hart/statuses/475933373043445760

If you click, it's a City fan who has redesigned the MCFC badge based on the NYCFC and Melbourne Heart badge. It's really cool that the badge NCYFC picked is now being used as a template across the City Group. Speaks well to the taste of the fans.
Actually it is a reworking of the old Man City badges NYCFC is based off of.

Reactions: MrE
The Yanks would never allow the NYCFC kit to have pinstripes on their uniforms. It's a huge part of the Yankees branding.
Why wouldn't they? Yankees own 20% of the team and they're playing in Yankee staduim. It would make sense to have one kit to have navy blue pinstripes. Especially as the home kit.

Reactions: Soccerfanatic94
Why wouldn't they? Yankees own 20% of the team and they're playing in Yankee staduim. It would make sense to have one kit to have navy blue pinstripes. Especially as the home kit.

Doesn't really matter that they own the team and they're playing in their stadium. The Yanks are the Yanks and the pinstripes say Yankees. Those pinstripes are the same as the Nike swoosh. They won't give them to anyone.

Doesn't really matter that they own the team and they're playing in their stadium. The Yanks are the Yanks and the pinstripes say Yankees. Those pinstripes are the same as the Nike swoosh. They won't give them to anyone.
They don't own pinstripes. I'd say the Yankees have a 20% say on the kit for NYCFC. Minority, not majority. If Mansour wants pinstripes, Mansour will get pinstripes.

If the Yankees own the rights to pinstripes, they sure were nice enough to let a whole bunch of other MLB teams wear pinstripes, too.
h5ths4t1ousvyjr7do0znnggn.gif

9880_minnesota_twins-home-2011.png

8erib83fgg45eo82bczr9yvgp.gif

u5gfd6ll25ikfn9di6ye3gycv.gif

4530_new_york_mets-home-2013.png

yigls1qclccflsreoeaf3seq5.gif

7k3889auwgzavs4fntde8u0n9.png

if8efmezfu8iyfigf1yqgagkh.gif

6n4m4ge5b8hfr32miseehgs9e.gif

kjxs16z3r3glgqoxmzn2x0lx7.gif

4915.gif

bd9rektqnse2id6me7x77fmyc.gif

Adidas did West Brom's kits this year, not a terrible style to copy if we indeed wanted a Yankee-esque pinstripe design. Just imagine the stripes down the sleeve in orange as an accent.

West-Brom-2014-15-pinstipe-home-kit.jpg

I'd prefer not to have pinstripes though.

Reactions: Kinkladze
They don't own pinstripes. I'd say the Yankees have a 20% say on the kit for NYCFC. Minority, not majority. If Mansour wants pinstripes, Mansour will get pinstripes.

Of course they don't own the pinstripes, but their home uniform with pinstripes is part of their brand. No other team in baseball has that. When someone says "I'm putting on the pinstripes" they're referring to the Yankees uniform. This is why that uniform is one of the most famous sports uniforms in the world.

I would beat big money that we won't see a white NYCFC kit with pinstripes.

Reactions: einwindir
Does MLS have jerseys for special occasions?

The NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL all have either one-off game jerseys or special edition jerseys like St Patrick's Day, Veterans Day / Memorial Day / July 4th, etc or throwback jerseys. Does MLS do anything like this?

If anyone is operating under the assumption that the Yankees would consider a uni with pinstripes an infringement on their brand...your understanding of branding is misguided. Pinstripes are a general jersey inclusion seen with many MLB teams, but as was previously mentioned, the Yanks are 'pinstripes.' With that said, a fellow NY team with grand ambitions would, if anything, enhance that brand.

Reactions: Soccerfanatic94
I don't think the NY Yankees would like NYCFC to have a pinstriped kit, not even the third kit. But they may or may not have veto power on that issue. However, they already rejected one of the badges that NYCFC was going to offer the fans to vote on because the "NYC" monogram too closely resembled the "NY" symbol used by the Yanks on their hats. This was widely reported earlier this year when the badge was unveiled. So, it's pretty clear that the Yankees want to protect their own brand. What isn't clear is the amount of power the Yankees organization has over the kit designs. I'm guessing they have only one stipulation: no pinstripes.

Reactions: Drainyoo