My Take On The Jerseys

Drainyoo

Registered
Donor
Seasoned Supporter
May 27, 2014
NYC
Being a graphic designer, I can't help wondering about all the details of the upcoming kits, so I went ahead and quickly mocked up what I would love to see NYCFC release. I used existing country jerseys made by Adidas that I felt have the details that I'm looking for.

I think the home color should be the sky blue, with some hits of the navy blue. The away would have the navy as the primary color, with the tertiary orange as the accent. These two colors work beautifully together. The vertical lines would be sewn into the shirt, giving it a nice texture. For the third kit, this is a perfect place to use the orange, and also introduce a horizontal line pattern, making it unique from the home and away versions.

To me, JetBlue is the perfect shirt sponsor because they're based in NYC, and the logo is clean and simple. Most likely they won't be the sponsor, but we can hope.

Anyway, figured I'd share this. Hoping we see something like this. Can't wait.

nycfc-jerseys.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Being a graphic designer, I can't help wondering about all the details of the upcoming kits, so I went ahead and quickly mocked up what I would love to see NYCFC release. I used existing country jerseys made by Adidas that I felt have the details that I'm looking for.

I think the home color should be the sky blue, with some hits of the navy blue. The away would have the navy as the primary color, with the tertiary orange as the accent. These two colors work beautifully together. The vertical lines would be sewn into the shirt, giving it a nice texture. For the third kit, this is a perfect place to use the orange, and also introduce a horizontal line pattern, making it unique from the home and away versions.

To me, JetBlue is the perfect shirt sponsor because they're based in NYC, and the logo is clean and simple. Most likely they won't be the sponsor, but we can hope.

Anyway, figured I'd share this. Hoping we see something like this. Can't wait.

nycfc-jerseys.jpg
Those are amazing. Have you sent them to the club. Who knows, they might like it and used it for the future in case they already have something in mind.

Reactions: CP_Scouse
Thanks folks. I tweeted the image with a mention to them. Hopefully they see it.

My twitter handle is AisleOne.

Vito Vito, I will try the black and orange. Sound like it can be nice.

I make a tweak to the third kit, making the badge just a white outline. I think might look better against the orange.

nycfc-jerseys-2.jpg

nm they were also tweeted by the forum twitter account and I retweeted that. Great job.

Done, retweeted

Amazing. Only thing I wanted to point out is that dark blue is not a good away color when home jersey is blue. Third orange jersey with blue logo should be away. Regardless, good job man.

That black is unbelievable. I'd buy that in a heart beat. Great job man

Amazing. Only thing I wanted to point out is that dark blue is not a good away color when home jersey is blue. Third orange jersey with blue logo should be away. Regardless, good job man.

Thanks. Why wouldn't the dark blue be a good away color?

I think we need a 'love' button. Those are awesome man.

PS @NYCFC I'd buy all of those!!!!!!!!!!!

I like them a lot. I think the dark blue would be good for home, black for away, and the orange for third- just my 2c.

A lot combos could work, even an all white would be sweet. I'm going to try to mock that one up later. I do feel that the home and away main colors should always be one of the team colors, and Third a completely different color. That's why black works for Third. Not sure if it works as an away since black isn't an NYCFC color.