New Jersey (Away) - Postmatch

We can talk about how that shit refereeing gave RBNJ an unfair advantage on the “throw” because NYCFC players thought it was a corner.

But the real problem was NYCFC not going up 2 or 3 in the first half when they had RBNJ on the ropes, they were outclassing them. And Mata’s royal fuck up gave RBNJ a chance. As soon as it was 1-1 we all knew what was coming. Blame Ring/Taty/etc for missing big chances in the first half. And Heber needs to put that ball in the net in stoppage time.

NYCFC is a better team. That’s why this is so frustrating.

First half was maybe the best 45 mins in the last 2 years. Chanot is awesome, but seems like he makes one terrible mistake every single game, this time causing the penalty, for no good reason. And we need an LB instead of bringing more and more wingers - Mata and Sweat will not do it. O, and that was the worst call I’ve ever seen in 35 years of watching football.

I guess there's a reason Chanot is in MLS and not Ligue 1.

Reactions: Gatzmon
We can talk about how that shit refereeing gave RBNJ an unfair advantage on the “throw” because NYCFC players thought it was a corner.

But the real problem was NYCFC not going up 2 or 3 in the first half when they had RBNJ on the ropes, they were outclassing them. And Mata’s royal fuck up gave RBNJ a chance. As soon as it was 1-1 we all knew what was coming. Blame Ring/Taty/etc for missing big chances in the first half. And Heber needs to put that ball in the net in stoppage time.

NYCFC is a better team. That’s why this is so frustrating.

Tired legs do that to you, to add to that no mitri or isi hurts I’m terms of having options. If we were fresh and injury free no doubt we take that. They fought as best they could so I do take that.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
First half was maybe the best 45 mins in the last 2 years. Chanot is awesome, but seems like he makes one terrible mistake every single game, this time causing the penalty, for no good reason. And we need an LB instead of bringing more and more wingers - Mata and Sweat will not do it. O, and that was the worst call I’ve ever seen in 35 years of watching football.
Got hung out to dry by Mata tbf

Just checked the main MLS match thread on bigsoccer even one RB fan on there admitting we got screwed on that play.

Yeah that first goal is all the turnover from Matarrita. And we know that because Dome responded by yanking him at the break, which is not something he usually does.
That was terrible. As soon as I saw him lose the ball in the part of the field I knew what was coming next.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
What the Fuck.
That's all I can say.

On the other hand, it's telling that we got 2 wins and 3 losses in 15 days and all of the losses came at the end. Hmmm...

Not good enough. We played well, we fought well, but at the end of the day no matter how you see it, we should be winning more.

What the Fuck.
That's all I can say.

On the other hand, it's telling that we got 2 wins and 3 losses in 15 days and all of the losses came at the end. Hmmm...

Not good enough. We played well, we fought well, but at the end of the day no matter how you see it, we should be winning more.
With our schedule, injuries and the unfortunate nature of our losses, I'm feeling confident that things will turn up for us again.

The other thing that's complete BS I'm seeing is NYCFC "needs to play to the whistle."

THEY DID! They played to the corner kick. When it was issued, they were readying to defend the corner kick. Now, Red Bulls could have done a quick corner and we wouldn't have been ready for that either, but the idea that we didn't play to the whistle is complete hogwash.

Got hung out to dry by Mata tbf

I've started watching how quickly poor Callens moves to cover the runners Mata and Sweat just drop down that side. At this point Callens is playing under the assumption that neither LB will track and runner and 99% of the time that bet is correct. If we can get a good LB this team will go a long way but if those two are the plan I'm preparing for an early payoff exit. Every team in the league knows to shut off our right flank that give us the left the moment Sweat steps on the field.

What the Fuck.
That's all I can say.

The Portland goal was in the first half. That loss did not come at the end.

And the Orlando game, we scored in the 96th minute to tie it. That's hardly losing at the end. PK's is a lottery.

I've started watching how quickly poor Callens moves to cover the runners Mata and Sweat just drop down that side. At this point Callens is playing under the assumption that neither LB will track and runner and 99% of the time that bet is correct. If we can get a good LB this team will go a long way but if those two are the plan I'm preparing for an early payoff exit. Every team in the league knows to shut off our right flank that give us the left the moment Sweat steps on the field.
I'm hoping Rocha slots in really well as an inside FB and we go wide on the left wing with Gary Mac. Or maybe even go with Gary Mac as a left wing back in an incredibly lopsided and attacking 3-4-3.

Whatever it ends up being, I'm just tired of rolling the dice with Mata and Sweat.