New Swag

Is that really all that much for limited edition and licensed, sneakers? I expected higher, not that I'm buying.

yea i expected higher too.

$250-300 at least. regular ultraboosts retail for $180-190 so $200 for custom limited edition is not a big deal.

that being said, i'll wait for the clearance price. lol.

I didn't realize the shoe market goes to such prices, to be honest. I thought the casual "up there" shoe was like 1-150.... (i get my shoes for ~40-70 a pair)

I always get sneakers at Costco for under $30 so obviously these are a no go for me, but I'm not surprised by the price. "Limited Edition" partnership shoes are kind of a big deal, and there is a MASSIVE market of sneaker heads out there, probably within our fanbase as well.

Why on Earth do they release them at 3AM?
It's a test to make sure you're a true believer LOL
I didn't realize the shoe market goes to such prices, to be honest. I thought the casual "up there" shoe was like 1-150.... (i get my shoes for ~40-70 a pair)
Yeah, shoes have gone up over the years. I pretty much always wear a Brooks running shoe (not for running, just as a general shoe) and they're around $130. And those are their "normal" running shoes. The "good" ones go higher. But on the other hand, when the new models come out you can get last year's for a lot less. I got two pairs for $150 a couple of years ago and only just a month or so ago broke out the second pair. Just hoping they go on sale again before I need new ones, although there should be time. So I think my shoe amortization project has gone pretty well.

Anyway, sneakers are somehow now a huge market with lots of collectables.

It's a test to make sure you're a true believer LOL

Yeah, shoes have gone up over the years. I pretty much always wear a Brooks running shoe (not for running, just as a general shoe) and they're around $130. And those are their "normal" running shoes. The "good" ones go higher. But on the other hand, when the new models come out you can get last year's for a lot less. I got two pairs for $150 a couple of years ago and only just a month or so ago broke out the second pair. Just hoping they go on sale again before I need new ones, although there should be time. So I think my shoe amortization project has gone pretty well.

Anyway, sneakers are somehow now a huge market with lots of collectables.

shoes are definitely huge with collectors and explains why they are so expensive.

there's also more technology in them these days so they are trying to recoup some R&D costs.

As a practical matter, I dislike having to pay so much more for a shoe that's 90% knit fabric these days vs even 10 years ago when you had more actual material. The least they could do is treat them to make them water repellent.

shoes are definitely huge with collectors and explains why they are so expensive.

there's also more technology in them these days so they are trying to recoup some R&D costs.

As a practical matter, I dislike having to pay so much more for a shoe that's 90% knit fabric these days vs even 10 years ago when you had more actual material. The least they could do is treat them to make them water repellent.
These are gen-yoo-ine leather!

Much to Jr's dismay, I purchased a pair and will be wearing to all games henceforth!

If anyone was thinking about picking up some "MLS Cup 2021 Champion" gear, the league store has most of it marked down today. I doubt the 2022 versions will be much different, but will be priced to way high right after we win this year, might as well get it cheap now

adidas.com sale. If you are interested in the NYCFC sneakers, this might be a good time to get them.

Get $60 off orders $175+, $30 off orders $100+, and $20 off orders $75 or more. Just use code SAVINGS at checkout.

Any suggestions on where to get kid jerseys , going to get my son one for his birthday or Xmas , but MLS/NYCFC stores all seem to be adult only

Any suggestions on where to get kid jerseys , going to get my son one for his birthday or Xmas , but MLS/NYCFC stores all seem to be adult only
I have had some good experience getting the kids stuff on Amazon, although I just went there and they had less than I had seen previously.

Soccer and Rugby is a great store and has a Cyber Monday sale going on. They have youth sizes available.