NYCFC 2021 MLS Cup Champions

Any sign of our first season ticket holder Mariano Rivera?

giphy.gif

true. but they claim NEW JERSEY in their name. like the giants, RBs claim NY. so who knows...
Right, but even still, the Giants/Jets are so much different than RB.

The Giants played in New York for 51 years before moving their stadium to NJ. The Jets played for 23 years in New York before moving in with the Giants.

The Red Bulls have played 4 home matches in New York (all U.S. Open Cup matches, 3 of them being on Long Island).

The Jets/Giants were NY teams that had to move to NJ for affordable rent (kinda sounds like a New Yorker thing to do).

The Red Bulls grew up in Jersey and have come to the city a few times for a show.

Article opens by saying - as soon as Callens hit the winner - that Chanot and Maxi ran not to Callens with everyone else but straight to the NYCFC supporters corner, where they hugged. I didn't notice that and the TV feed does not show it (although I confirmed they are not celebrating with the group for the first minute or so). If anyone has seen any other video that has it I'd love a pointer to it.

This still does not really show it at all, but around the 28-32 second range, as the camera pans to show the sideline guys running to Callens et al, you can just about see behind them 3 blue jerseys running. I think Maxi and Chanot are the 2nd and 3rd. No idea who the first guy streaking over is.

ETA: wrong clip - see below 2 posts.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kjbert

This still does not really show it at all, but around the 28-32 second range, as the camera pans to show the sideline guys running to Callens et al, you can just about see behind them 3 blue jerseys running. I think Maxi and Chanot are the 2nd and 3rd. No idea who the first guy streaking over is.
I think you linked the wrong thing here. I'm seeing BdB again

Reactions: Kjbert
I know it won’t happen but I think they should split the conferences into 4 groups with a NE, SE, NW, SW conferences and get rid of the shield.
I'm imagining a future where expansion hits 36 teams. MLS splits into two leagues, east and west. Each league has a balanced schedule (17 H/A, 34 total) for each team and a shield. The top 8 teams from each qualify for an MLS cup tournament and the top 2 (3?) from each for CCL.

I'm imagining a future where expansion hits 36 teams. MLS splits into two leagues, east and west. Each league has a balanced schedule (17 H/A, 34 total) for each team and a shield. The top 8 teams from each qualify for an MLS cup tournament and the top 2 (3?) from each for CCL.
Wonder how fans (aside from the Revs this year) feel about the Supporters Shield. It doesn't make sense any more. I liked the pre COVID schedule Home and Away in your conference and play out of conference 1 time alternating home team year to year. Playing a team three games in conference seems totally whack.