NYCFC Academy - General Discussion

Bolivia is at Altitude, right? Even for kids with motors that run non-stop, that cannot have been an easy tournament to play in with less oxygen than accustomed to. I believe Colorado Springs is only 2/3 the altitude above sea level that La Paz is at.
La Paz is at 12,000 feet.

Reactions: Kjbert
I played a pick up game in Cusco Peru, not only was the language barrier difficult I wanted to fall over and die because I couldn't breath after 10 minutes.
That was exactly my point!

Reactions: CCMore
good these kids going to international tournaments, see how they do in spain.

Bolivia is at Altitude, right? Even for kids with motors that run non-stop, that cannot have been an easy tournament to play in with less oxygen than accustomed to. I believe Colorado Springs is only 2/3 the altitude above sea level that La Paz is at.

That's a good point. They eventually got kicked out of the tourney by the local boys (the eventual champions) in a game they were winning 1-0. They lost in the last five minutes when they gave up two goals. If they had a bit more stamina/were used to the altitude, they would have kicked out the hosts in a game they played in front of 5,000 people.

That's a good point. They eventually got kicked out of the tourney by the local boys (the eventual champions) in a game they were winning 1-0. They lost in the last five minutes when they gave up two goals. If they had a bit more stamina/were used to the altitude, they would have kicked out the hosts in a game they played in front of 5,000 people.

nevertheless a fantastic experience for them, altitude, tournament mentality in front of 5K....dont know how much people youth games draw here but im sure 5K is a whole lot more

Reactions: Kjbert and Konrad
Tie on the road. Clearly we are better than RM. At every level.

Indisputably.

Interesting how the new away kits have not made it to the kids yet. I wonder, is this because they didn't manage to arrange making the kids shirts yet? Because they don't want anyone wearing them before the senior team has played a league game in them? Just because they weren't organised enough?

EDIT: oops double post.

well good they got a win, good results against madrid teams