NYCFC Academy - General Discussion

You can see on his face how happy he is for getting second place after a tournament showing like that. Still going out in penalties shows they have a good team

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    1,022.8 KB · Views: 21
Reactions: Kjbert
Maybe. There's plenty of stories of American kids being picked up by Euro clubs and left to wither.
That means not enough American kids are being picked up by Euro clubs. Plenty of European kids are picked up by European clubs and are left wither to die too. However a small percentage numbers shine through and become starters at the clubs. It's all numbers game. If you send enough kids through. You are bound I find a few diamonds which is all what count at the end. You need the pyramid shape. Enough numbers at the bottom so eventually you get a small number at the tip. Same thing as Hollywood acting careers. Tons of young people go to Hollywood I search of their star dreams and for yet for everyone who succeeds there are hundreds who failed. Just a number and percentage game

2 youth affiliate kids on the USYNT U-17 team.

i noticed a couple of the affiliates are taking part on the whole dallas cup youth tourny going on now for different age groups....cam we call dibs on those kids not part of the nycfc academy from the u17 for example?

also does anyone know if any of the nycfc academy kids actually are those teams ? or are they not allowed to go back to affiliates?

Reactions: Kjbert
Assumably these kids would not be eligible as homegrowns.
Being U13/14, none are being offered a HG contract anytime soon, but being part of the NYCFC Academy team, they're in the pipeline.

Being U13/14, none are being offered a HG contract anytime soon, but being part of the NYCFC Academy team, they're in the pipeline.

I was asking about the kids being called up to the U-17 program

I was asking about the kids being called up to the U-17 program

Not likely as of today, no, but they could be distinguishable from Harrison due to the fact they played for the affiliate while they were an affiliate, not before.

Also, we are establishing a U-15/16 academy team this fall. If we establish a U-17/18 team the following fall, there's an outside chance we can sneak some of these current U-17 USMNT on there (if they are only 16 today, for example), and then manage to get their rights.

Last edited:
Not likely as of today, no, but they could be distinguishable from Harrison due to the fact they played for the affiliate while they were an affiliate, not before.

Also, we are establishing a U-15/16 academy team this fall. If we establish a U-17/18 team the following fall, there's an outside chance we can sneak some of these current U-17 USMNT on there (if they are only 16 today, for example), and then manage to get their rights.
The only reason we couldn't claim Harrison is his club wasn't announced as being an affiliate long enough. It was less then a year. We can absolutely claim this kids.

The only reason we couldn't claim Harrison is his club wasn't announced as being an affiliate long enough. It was less then a year. We can absolutely claim this kids.

While it seems to make logical sense, I wouldn't speak that confidently. Just because Harrison was disqualified for that reason, doesn't mean everything on the other side of that line is ok. Plus, MLS isn't very beholden to it's own precedent - very discretionary.