NYCFC Academy - General Discussion

In other academy news, I took a quick look on the USSDA website and the U13-14s play their last game of the season on Saturday. They've currently got a record of 14 wins and 6 draws from 22 games, which is very respectable, plus have scored 4 goals for every one conceded. Really looking forward to seeing what that team can do next year when it steps up a level to (hopefully) a level where the USSDA actually produces league tables and crowns winners.
In all seriousness, the next year or two will be interesting as these kids will hit puberty and growth spurts (as will their competition). A solidly-balanced & quick kid, able to dance through defenders & tight spaces, may not be quite so when they grow another 6-12" and their center of gravity is higher (or at least it may take a while to become accustomed to it). And those that have already had growth spurts and have been excelling with their superior size/speed/power may find themselves not much better than others that are finally catching up. I think the 15/16 range is going to have some turnover..... not that it's a bad thing, just that the expectations have to be realistic that this may be the level where the squad takes one step back to then take two steps forward.

Reactions: Kjbert

U-15/16 team pretty much confirmed as well for this fall, I don't recall seeing any official announcement about that yet. I mean, they have too given many of the U-13/14 players turned 15 over the winter.

A while back there was unofficial word that we would have three teams this fall: U-13, U-14, and U-15/16. Just waiting on the official announcement.

EDIT: I went and checked the USSDA website and they already have some schedules up for 2016/17. We have a U-14 and a U-15/16 team listed: http://www.ussoccerda.com/sam/standings/regevent/index.php?containerId=MTYyNzU4NQ==&partialGames=1

U-15/16 team pretty much confirmed as well for this fall, I don't recall seeing any official announcement about that yet. I mean, they have too given many of the U-13/14 players turned 15 over the winter.

A while back there was unofficial word that we would have three teams this fall: U-13, U-14, and U-15/16. Just waiting on the official announcement.
Can we use our U-15/16 Academy team next time in the US Open Cup? They may actually care about playing the game. And kids can run non-stop so we'll at least have a center forward that isn't walking.

EDIT: I went and checked the USSDA website and they already have some schedules up for 2016/17. We have a U-14 and a U-15/16 team listed: http://www.ussoccerda.com/sam/standings/regevent/index.php?containerId=MTYyNzU4NQ==&partialGames=1

Mark your calendar June 3rd 2017 little nycfc vs little cosmos maybe we win that one

Reactions: Kjbert and Ulrich
ouch red card felt soft to me and concede 2 goals

EDIT: looked like they changed GK in second half? and other changes i assume ? i dont know how this youth tournament works. team looked shaky after the red and conceded a goal but seemed to regain composure after that.

good win....i think this is the only game they play since it felt like "exhibition"

-Edwin

Last edited:
We beat San Jose U 13/14 on Monday 2-1 with goals from B. Saunders and S. Rasizzi.

Today's goals against Sacramento Republic FC were from W. Citron 8', A. Morel 25', A. Morel 30', G. Reyna 35', E. Mosquera 36'. Straight red to V. Petkovic in the 55' (they play 80' with added time). He played the entire game up to the send off. 6 subs at halftime including the goalkeeper. W. Citron and N. Benalcazar played the entire match. Both are defenders.

We play LA Galaxy U 13/14 on Thursday at 6:30 PM

http://nyfc.ussoccerda.com/sam/teams/index.php?team=1401587

Reactions: Fantazma
Reactions: Kjbert and adam
Awesome, great to hear that our team ended on a high note. I agree with Reyna that playing competitions abroad gave them the necessary experience and took their playing level to the next level. My hope is that they'll accept a similar invitation next year to play abroad.

id like them to play in dallas cup and chivas cup.