NYCFC II - General Discussion

You just have to accept funky rule changes in development leagues. And you can't much care about results, either. It's like when preseason and other friendlies often have unlimited subs, Don't let a fixed schedule and league table cloud the fact that this is not a real league with competition as its primary goal.
I really enjoyed the "no stakes" atmosphere yesterday! Even when NE scored goals there wasn't much of a fuss and people weren't too angry from what I could tell. And losing the match everyone was still happy, it wasn't like an NYCFC game at all.

Reactions: mgarbowski
I really enjoyed the "no stakes" atmosphere yesterday! Even when NE scored goals there wasn't much of a fuss and people weren't too angry from what I could tell. And losing the match everyone was still happy, it wasn't like an NYCFC game at all.
That was the least bothered I've ever been after losing a penalty shootout. I was just happy to be moving in the direction of my friend's car and some heat. Seeing that USA was up when I got to the car helped too.

Kenan Hot

giphy.gif

Hax on Hax on Hax (instead of stacks on stacks on stacks)

Reactions: JCMore
Here’s a picture of Klevis and Fred Jr. on their U12 futsal team. Fred is on the right. Guess which one is Klevis.

The two of them were the left side of the back 4 that held Krasnodar to a scoreless draw and only lost 3-0 to Atletico Madrid in a U14 tournament.

Attachments

• F5A1743F-9095-42BB-9160-53003DE82BFD.jpeg
    4.9 MB · Views: 19
Another milestone on the total fall from grace that market has had. What a sad story for fans up there.

• Sad
Reactions: Shwafta
Another milestone on the total fall from grace that market has had. What a sad story for fans up there.
wow. just like that they folded? they had a good season last year too.

This was being rumored already since the end of last years season. I dont know what it is but that market struggles. They had a stadium and have winning history ( last non MLS US Open cup champion).

I have read that ownership was not great and was the same one that kinda killed off the USL rhinos. There is another team in NISA but that team also struggles pretty bad. not sure if the stadium location is an issue or what. im not sure Vardy knew what he was getting himself into.

Good piece in HRB on the Deuce and the Open Cup. Honestly, to me it looks like a good compromise. Most MLS clubs heavily rotated for Cup matches anyway, so at least now it's MLS NEXT Pro first teams for the most part. Sharper sides.

Good piece in HRB on the Deuce and the Open Cup. Honestly, to me it looks like a good compromise. Most MLS clubs heavily rotated for Cup matches anyway, so at least now it's MLS NEXT Pro first teams for the most part. Sharper sides.

i expect a loss. I dont even think there is a complete NYCFCII team yet. The game is in three weeks.