NYCFC in the Media Thread - 2017

More important question, do you think Maxi is a $2 million player?

LOL, no. I don't think he is worth more than Ring. I think Ring is underpaid and Maxi is significantly overpaid. We've been through this before, but a player of Maxi's caliber is a borderline MLS DP.

Reactions: Ulrich
LOL, no. I don't think he is worth more than Ring. I think Ring is underpaid and Maxi is significantly overpaid. We've been through this before, but a player of Maxi's caliber is a borderline MLS DP.
Haha ok. There aren't man DPs in the league that have been more productive this season than Maxi.

And my previous post was more because he's making $2m this year, and not $3m.

Agree that Ring is underpaid.

The maxi being a borderline DP quality player is beyond absurd so im not even going to address that shit.

But, anyway i dont know if this counts as "In the media" but i was recently watching an episode of Impractical Jokers and Murr was wearing an NYCFC scarf, which i thought was pretty cool.

The maxi being a borderline DP quality player is beyond absurd so im not even going to address that shit.

But, anyway i dont know if this counts as "In the media" but i was recently watching an episode of Impractical Jokers and Murr was wearing an NYCFC scarf, which i thought was pretty cool.

How many matches has he missed?

Wondering why NYCFC hasn't done something like this for marketing? Have players in their jerseys walk around the city with a soccer ball and interacting with fans, citizens, etc.

This video is currently 35th trending on YouTube.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2017...t-best-11-goals-2017-so-far-mls-heres-my-list

Doyle gives an explanation why, but still think it's crazy that he picks Villa's goal vs Atlanta and doesn't pick the Philly bomb.

This part did make me laugh though:

It was a great and audacious goal (and arguably more audacious is that Villa then went on a run of games in which he seemed determined to replicate the feat – look at his shot chart in late April and early May, it was like he had a "double or nothing" bet with himself that he could score from 60. I love David Villa)

He should have just made something up about his dad, cause now I really wanna know
Right? Same here. The author also could have done him a favor by not putting that in. Just say his family moved around due to his father's work. I'd hardly notice, and fill in with idle speculation for a moment before forgetting. But now there's a mystery that nags.

He should have just made something up about his dad, cause now I really wanna know
I will do it for him:

When he was younger, Ring did not live a typical life for a Finnish boy playing the beautiful game. He was born there, but grew up traveling the world as a result of his father's constant touring schedule as the drummer for the Finnish power metal giant Stratovarius.

I will do it for him:

When he was younger, Ring did not live a typical life for a Finnish boy playing the beautiful game. He was born there, but grew up traveling the world as a result of his father's constant touring schedule as the drummer for the Finnish power metal giant Stratovarius.
Well, crap. Didn't your mother teach you not to mess with future historians?

Reactions: Kjbert and JayH
This is about a supporters chant not the team, but we've been noticed in Wales.

"Supporters of recently formed football club New York City have been coming up with ways to get their fans going at Major League Soccer matches, and they have chosen to create a song to the theme of 'Swansea oh Swansea'.
They have craftily swapped Swansea with New York in the opening line of the iconic chant, while instead of being taken to the Vetch Field, the American fans sing to be taken to the Bronx.

It may not quite be as impressive as when it's belted out down at the Liberty, but top marks for effort to those in the stands in the Big Apple for attempting to recreate the atmosphere of the Premier League across the Atlantic."

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...s/football-fans-pinch-iconic-swansea-13356820