Nycfc Jersey Concept

I will point out that in the NYCFC version of the MLS logo, there's no orange. That may put a damper on those hoping that orange would be a strong part of the club's visual identity (for now)
couldn't put 3 colors in the logo all are 2 I'm sure they would have included orange if they could like make the stars that color if they could

couldn't put 3 colors in the logo all are 2 I'm sure they would have included orange if they could like make the stars that color if they could

I went back and checked: 3 is the most colors any logo has. However, NYCFC already uses three: Sky blue, navy blue, and white. orange would be number 4. Of course, most MLS squads don't have that many colors. The Union have a navy, gold, and light blue look but for some reason opt for a white in their MLS logo. RSL might have four, with red, gold, navy and white but the white is omitted on the MLS logo.

Great concept, I would buy all except the white, and that's purely because i would spill something on it and ruin it

The blue jersey is too Man City-like, and usually the first jersey is our identity and won't be changed easily, we should have it to be more unique, so people know it's NYCFC's jersey.

Reactions: MyBoyVilla
The mention of JetBlue being a possible sponsor earlier in the thread is intriguing - but what's the reality here? ETHIAD is the sure thing, no? Manchester City = ETHIAD; Melbourne City = ETHIAD.

The team is 80% owned by City Football Group; 20% by Yankee Global Enterprises.

I'm sure with competition for Abu Dhabi flight paths from JFK that Ethiad would want the NY branding initiative over Emirates.

Or maybe the kits will sport "Fly Nowhere"

Have you guys seen or has there been discussion on how radical that artistic initiative is? I'm dying to figure out how to get one of their football concierge kits.

Check those fellas out: http://the-fc.com

J

What do you make of these? Wanted to keep them simple but based off previous designs too. Oh, and these were done before MLS decided to change their logo... don't know how that will transfer onto the shirt just yet. Not sure about the font of the numbers either personally but I couldn't find the ones currently used in MLS so went with this instead.View attachment 613
Third and Alternate are my favorite

The mention of JetBlue being a possible sponsor earlier in the thread is intriguing - but what's the reality here? ETHIAD is the sure thing, no? Manchester City = ETHIAD; Melbourne City = ETHIAD.

The team is 80% owned by City Football Group; 20% by Yankee Global Enterprises.

I'm sure with competition for Abu Dhabi flight paths from JFK that Ethiad would want the NY branding initiative over Emirates.

Or maybe the kits will sport "Fly Nowhere"

Have you guys seen or has there been discussion on how radical that artistic initiative is? I'm dying to figure out how to get one of their football concierge kits.

Check those fellas out: http://the-fc.com

J
When the kits were designed jetBlue was one if the sponsors everyone thought would be/look cool. That's as far as that one goes.

Reactions: Kjbert
I don't mind the City blue jerseys but can we have Navy blue shorts?

I agree. I hate when kits are all one color. I need some contrast.

I hope that they keep away from putting orange in with the blue. It just doesn't look good IMO. A black jersey with orange highlights would be SICK though. Like the black jerseys that the Sounders are wearing this year.

Sponsor has to be Etihad. Melbourne has it, MC has it.

I really like the jersey's that Melbourne are wearing. Would love to see something like that for NYCFC. It's a bummer that MLS is Adidas, because I think Nike kits are much cleaner.

142277-31955734-487f-11e4-b47a-41c1793173a7.jpg
dTCMIaj.jpg

Last edited: