Nycfc Just Doesn't Get Us...

It's looking more and more like NYCFC is just a way for Man City to bypass the UEFA Fair Play rules.

The mandate is to push the angle that he is imperative to MCFC's title campaign (which he actually is) so we'll be impressed when he comes over here.

It won't work but they're going to try. lol

EDIT: I hope he never actually comes.

If they try that angle then they really have no idea how to market to New Yorkers. They may consider MLS a third tier league, but this isn't a third tier city.

It's looking more and more like NYCFC is just a way for Man City to bypass the UEFA Fair Play rules.

NYCFC are a vessel to generate revenue for Man City. That's not to denigrate what it means to be a fan of NYCFC, and there will be plenty of on field success for fans to enjoy, but without sight of the bigger picture will only come more disappointment.

NYCFC are a vessel to generate revenue for Man City. That's not to denigrate what it means to be a fan of NYCFC, and there will be plenty of on field success for fans to enjoy, but without sight of the bigger picture will only come more disappointment.
I don't think thats a very good way for them to evolve the NYCFC brand because most New Yorkers don't care how City does.

I don't think thats a very good way for them to evolve the NYCFC brand because most New Yorkers don't care how City does.

But by having a Manchester City affiliate winning trophies in a rapidly expanding soccer market, ultimately American fans will be drawn to Manchester City, and as said, NYCFC exists just like Melbourne City does, to get City bedspreads & curtains into houses across America & Australia.

Reactions: Goodfella
But by having a Manchester City affiliate winning trophies in a rapidly expanding soccer market, ultimately American fans will be drawn to Manchester City, and as said, NYCFC exists just like Melbourne City does, to get City bedspreads & curtains into houses across America & Australia.
If they keep up how they're treating the US market the exact opposite of that is going to happen. And I don't think it would happen like that anyway.

If they keep up how they're treating the US market the exact opposite of that is going to happen. And I don't think it would happen like that anyway.

Exact opposite has already happened. I had no BPL allegiance (only Barca and PSG) - but I certainly now know which BPL team I will root against.

Thats not how it works here. My schools football team is shit (lost all of its games). Because of this, no one really buys school gear (tshirts and what not). People want to support a winner. If Liverpool is more successfull, expect to see more liverpool bedsheets

Reactions: Z4CH3B99
Unless, of course, we adopt a very anti-mcfc culture within the club....which, thanks to MCFC's actions and Blue Moon, is a natural progression...

Thats not how it works here. My schools football team is shit (lost all of its games). Because of this, no one really buys school gear (tshirts and what not). People want to support a winner. If Liverpool is more successfull, expect to see more liverpool bedsheets

Lol, you've just made my point for me. Man City, and NYCFC winning trophies will draw supporters to the City brand, which should be reassurance enough to NYC fans that the owners will be investing heavily in making sure that success is delivered on the pitch.

That's not entirely true. NYCFC, MCFC, Melbourne etc are there to promote Abu Dhabi

Lol, you've just made my point for me. Man City, and NYCFC winning trophies will draw supporters to the City brand, which should be reassurance enough to NYC fans that the owners will be investing heavily in making sure that success is delivered on the pitch.

That's his opinion; however, we reward loyalty and not trophies just ask the NYers walking around in Mets, Jets, and Knicks' gear...and attending games with no chance of seeing a playoff in years.

Reactions: Paul
That's his opinion; however, we reward loyalty and not trophies just ask the NYers walking around in Mets, Jets, and Knicks' gear...and attending games with no chance of seeing a playoff in years.

The United States of America are a whole lot bigger than New York City...

That's not entirely true. NYCFC, MCFC, Melbourne etc are there to promote Abu Dhabi

With Manchester City promoting Abu Dhabi on by far and away the biggest stage.