NYCFC Players Wanted Thread

Remember when I said tony Taylor was terrible and should never touch the field and people ripped me?

Yea, well, that

Reactions: Kjbert
It's time for CFG to buy-out Lampard and offer the Big Viking about $15M to come this summer. Until NYCFC can find a center forward that can actually create their own shot in the box, we won't have a great record at home.

It's time for CFG to buy-out Lampard and offer the Big Viking about $15M to come this summer. Until NYCFC can find a center forward that can actually create their own shot in the box, we won't have a great record at home.
DISCLAIM: Not hoping for this, but just a random thought that hit me.

What if those rumors of a big buyout were actually for Pirlo? He goes home for Euro's and stays. We open up a DP spot this summer. We get another one for next summer when Lampard is gone and, and, and, ...

I was one of the biggest Pirlo enthusiasts before he came and he has provided some of the most exciting moments and experiences of the last 12 months. But for all that our first game showed how much he can deliver, last night showed how tough things get for us when he (and therefore our middle) isn't working.

Christian Fuchs is the perfect candidate to come over to NYCFC soon.

Reasons:
1) High level performer
2) We could get him non DP with TAM probably
3) His wife is American
4) He is the founder of a soccer academy in Manhattan called Fox Soccer Academy
5) He has stated he wants to play in MLS

All that said, he probably will stay at Leicester one more year to play UCL football.

Reasons:
1) High level performer
3) His wife is American

All that said, he probably will stay at Leicester one more year to play UCL football.
He's awesome and would love him, but he does play the same position as Mata, no?

Reactions: Christopher Jee
DISCLAIM: Not hoping for this, but just a random thought that hit me.

What if those rumors of a big buyout were actually for Pirlo? He goes home for Euro's and stays. We open up a DP spot this summer. We get another one for next summer when Lampard is gone and, and, and, ...

I was one of the biggest Pirlo enthusiasts before he came and he has provided some of the most exciting moments and experiences of the last 12 months. But for all that our first game showed how much he can deliver, last night showed how tough things get for us when he (and therefore our middle) isn't working.
No reason to think he wants to leave. At that point, you're basically saying it could be anyone from, say, Andoni and up (salary-wise).

He was not great last night, but let's not overreact.

He's awesome and would love him, but he does play the same position as Mata, no?

He has been slowing down a bit. By the time he comes here, if he does, he will be 32 years old and probably capable of slotting over to CB.

While we obviously have Matarrita, I wouldn't wanna see a player of Fuchs talent go to a team like NJRB:)

Neither Taylor nor Mendoza did anything last night other than run really really fast. Their crosses were absolutely miserable. We have no wide play whatsoever other than Mata.

Some of that is because of the narrow field - but it's really because those guys have no clue how to play wide. And it's killing us right now.

Reactions: JayH
No reason to think he wants to leave. At that point, you're basically saying it could be anyone from, say, Andoni and up (salary-wise).

He was not great last night, but let's not overreact.
Agree 100%. Like I said, not a wish, just a random thought that popped into my wandering mind. (Though I could be convinced of the merits of having an open DP slot in each of the coming 2 summers.)

Reactions: joe
Agree 100%. Like I said, not a wish, just a random thought that popped into my wandering mind. (Though I could be convinced of the merits of having an open DP slot in each of the coming 2 summers.)
Well, once DeJong is given his 20 game ban for flaying an opponent's skin, LA will convince the league midseason to allow a 4th DP.

Reasons:
1) High level performer
3) His wife is American

As you say at the bottom, surely after Leicester's year he won't be able to resist staying another year? Who would walk out on Leicester right now, except to move to one of the European giants?

Reactions: Kjbert
What did TT do badly last night? He came on in relief and pushed the ball nicely on the left flank while sending in some very dangerous crosses.

Please please please tell me there aren't any tony Taylor supporters out there still? The guy literally makes it a man advantage for the other team - he was completely non existent yet again and we looked like a completely different team without him in the second half last night...

I think by mid season jack Harrison and khiry will be on the wings and we will finally see some real build up play like we have in short spurts

Oh and go poku! Guy is a beast

Please please please tell me there aren't any tony Taylor supporters out there still? The guy literally makes it a man advantage for the other team - he was completely non existent yet again and we looked like a completely different team without him in the second half last night...

I think by mid season jack Harrison and khiry will be on the wings and we will finally see some real build up play like we have in short spurts

Oh and go poku! Guy is a beast
Try staying current. You're quoting a post from last week. And yes, with the personnel we have, I support TT long before Mendoza. You want to fling some shade at a wing, then first try criticizing Mendoza for killing every counter & offensive foray into the attacking end. TT at least tracks back and plays defense & is big enough to hold his ground, but Mendoza is a munchkin that is casually moved off the ball every time and is too concerned ball-watching to track back.

Try staying current. You're quoting a post from last week. And yes, with the personnel we have, I support TT long before Mendoza. You want to fling some shade at a wing, then first try criticizing Mendoza for killing every counter & offensive foray into the attacking end. TT at least tracks back and plays defense & is big enough to hold his ground, but Mendoza is a munchkin that is casually moved off the ball every time and is too concerned ball-watching to track back.

Mendoza needs to learn to shoot first, he suppose to be a striker, I wouldnt say that after yesterday performance, he all pace and no substance, he should be a impact sub at the mo, Villa really needs some help, hopefully Harrison solves our left side and maybe Khiry will pick up on his performance as a sub yesterday to play on the right, I would really look for another striker even it means playing 2 up front, Villa is carrying the team at the mo, regarding TT he a hard working and dependable squad player but nothing more though, definitely not a starter, he probably get you 5-10 goals a season

Reactions: Ulrich and JayH
Mendoza needs to learn to shoot first, he suppose to be a striker, I wouldnt say that after yesterday performance, he all pace and no substance, he should be a impact sub at the mo, Villa really needs some help, hopefully Harrison solves our left side and maybe Khiry will pick up on his performance as a sub yesterday to play on the right, I would really look for another striker even it means playing 2 up front, Villa is carrying the team at the mo, regarding TT he a hard working and dependable squad player but nothing more though, definitely not a starter, he probably get you 5-10 goals a season

Mendoza reminds me of Oduro, not much skill but tons of speed. Seem like his best role is the one Oduro often played in Chicago where he played as the high striker in a 2 striker set standing at the midfield line while the team played D. When the ball turned over they would just send it over the top to Oduro and let him beat everyone to it. To me that's the best way to get some goals from Mendoza but it wont work with him as a wing in our system because we need him back playing D.