NYCFC Players Wanted Thread

Good. Perhaps (maybe? hopefully?) a sign that #8 is a goner.

In all honestly I haven't a clue to who Breinburg is, or what he can do, or even if he's worth a roster spot. If he's nothing more than a warm body who can accomplish the impossible (you know, something crazy like actually getting on the field and logging some playing time), he's already miles ahead of Lampard.

Reactions: gbservis
Lol, same joke occurred to me.

Except I wasn't joking. ;) Once again the beginning of a season is sabotaged because we're a DP caliber player short.

Nothing would make me happier than to see this particular post thrown back in my face come September, but in my most humblest of opinions, what we've seen so far through 6 games is pretty much what we're going to see the rest of the way until the time comes when Lampard (Pirlo? Both?) are off this roster.

Sounds like you're misremembering a bit here....
Oh he dies.... in the book, he cannot be saved because the poison, that the Red Viper knicked him with, is too strong and there isn't an antidote. It's only because of his sheer size that he suffers for so long. Cerci's lacky, Qyburn, reanimates The Mountain with his black arts, and hence Sir Robert becomes a character.

Now that I've outed myself as a GOT geek, carry on.....

Feel like we can use a new goalie since saunders never gets sit for his costly mistakes, either we try johanaseen or we could sign berisha who is currently playing for lazio but won't be signing next year, yeah he'll use up a international spot, but he'd be better then saunders.

Reactions: Kjbert
Did someone say winger?

Can I interest you in Fafa Picault?
3 goals and 2 assists in 12 games in the second Bundesliga with FC St. Pauli.

Did I mention he was born in NYC?

http://www.transfermarkt.com/fafa-picault/profil/spieler/216683
Ha..I used to use him as an up and coming USMNT guy on Football Managers several years ago. Had totally forgotten about him. Is there any substance to this, or just speculation that he is totally the sort of guy we should chase (which I agree with)?

Picault is good but I feel like it is more of the same with Taylor and Shelton. A bench 2.Bundesliga player doesn't exactly equate to an MLS starter.

Picault is good but I feel like it is more of the same with Taylor and Shelton. A bench 2.Bundesliga player doesn't exactly equate to an MLS starter.

Was going to say the same, TT played in the Portuguese first division. I admittedly don't know much about european leagues outside of the bigger ones but how much better can a 25 year old Bundesliga 2 bench player with no USMNT appearance at any level be than 26 year old Taylor? TT at the very least has a hand full of U-20 and U-23 appearances. Not against the idea for the right price as Picault would certainly add some depth without costing a precious intl spot but he doesn't seem like the type of signing that makes a huge impact.

I know it's a long shot but I'm still holding on to the dream that we dump lamps and get another DP level attackers to help Villa up top during the summer transfer window.