NYCFC Players Wanted Thread

Your sense of humor needs a little tune up if you thought this was a serious post.

I thought the ALL CAPS Totti would imply that.

Carry on, guys.

What? No Totti. What kind of sick sense of humor do you have? Not the kind of shit to make jokes about.
I would rather have a 39 year old Totti than that sad sack Lampard. Totti begs to play even when hes hurt.

What position is it you guys want to see strengthened?

I'd want to see them help Villa up top with another striker or a winger.

I'd love to see them target some of the former Barcelona youth prospects like Cristian Tello. He's only 24, has played with Villa at Barcelona and has played in the 4-3-3 system Vieira likes. Isaac Cuenca and Ibrahim Afellay are two players that may want a chance to restart their careers after not living up to the hype of coming through La Masia.

Considering the staff at CFG and the connections with Barcelona I think it's realistic.

What position is it you guys want to see strengthened?

I'd want to see them help Villa up top with another striker or a winger.

I'd love to see them target some of the former Barcelona youth prospects like Cristian Tello. He's only 24, has played with Villa at Barcelona and has played in the 4-3-3 system Vieira likes. Isaac Cuenca and Ibrahim Afellay are two players that may want a chance to restart their careers after not living up to the hype of coming through La Masia.

Considering the staff at CFG and the connections with Barcelona I think it's realistic.

Why not Nasri? Sure, it's not Ibra - but at the end of the day, he's an offensive player and would be great in MLS.

Reactions: gbservis
Why not Nasri? Sure, it's not Ibra - but at the end of the day, he's an offensive player and would be great in MLS.
Because we have enough midfield players as is right now. But I'd gladly take him over Lampard.

The muppet in me has always thought if Hoffenheim goes down, Eduardo Vargas (~$6M on transfermarkt) could really do a job in the Taylor/Shelton spots. He's a young, exciting, flexible player. Someone who follows the Bundesliga more closely might be able to tell me how full of it I am, but he was great to watch at the Copa America last year.

Reactions: Shane1988
The muppet in me has always thought if Hoffenheim goes down, Eduardo Vargas (~$6M on transfermarkt) could really do a job in the Taylor/Shelton spots. He's a young, exciting, flexible player. Someone who follows the Bundesliga more closely might be able to tell me how full of it I am, but he was great to watch at the Copa America last year.

I think this guy has the talent but yet to really to take the world by storm, he been everywhere in the last few years

I think this guy has the talent but yet to really to take the world by storm, he been everywhere in the last few years
Vargas has great talent, though I think his eyes are on Champions League play. I'd love to have him here.

Can we sign Fernando Torres yet? I wanna buy his jersey... With his fall in form I could only imagine a change of pace in a different league would be nice for him

Reactions: Shane1988
Because we have enough midfield players as is right now. But I'd gladly take him over Lampard.

I view him as a LW. Our wingers are playing like Midfielders right now defensively anyway. Taylor has spent more time in his defensive corner than his offensive corner if that makes sense.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
back to aspirational wants - Kevin Mirallas. I think his attitude sucks though. Not sure how much of that is Roberto Martinez and how much is him. I think it's both.

Imagine Franco Di Santo paired with Villa? I don't think he's leaving Schalke anytime soon, but that's what everyone thought about him and Werder Bremen. He's right in the DP price range, and he's 27.

Can we sign Fernando Torres yet? I wanna buy his jersey... With his fall in form I could only imagine a change of pace in a different league would be nice for him

A change of pace in a different league was why Torres went to Italy. And then Spain. It hasn't worked in either of them...

I think he could play LW for us. Big question is if he's healthy or not. Missed a bunch of time over the last couple seasons.
I think Nasri is too lazy to play a wing. That position has to be a fast jitterbug that taunts the tiring defender with cutting-moves. That's not SN.

Reactions: gbservis