NYCFC Players Wanted Thread

Might be good to take a chance on Fornaroli, could be worth the hype or could be a Mendoza but for the right price we could make it happen.

Catherine Bach > Jessica Simpson
daisy-duke+catherine+vs+jessica2.jpg

Reactions: JayH
Probably meant for MCFC to take him instead of NYCFC but still...

"It has been a remarkable breakthrough for the young American who also made his debut for the USA in March and in doing so became the youngest to represent the national side in a World Cup qualifier.

His performances have been noted by New York City sporting director Claudio Reyna who in turn is understood to have alerted Manchester City."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ar...ssia-Dortmund-whizzkid-Christian-Pulisic.html

Reactions: Kjbert and The Toe

"It has been a remarkable breakthrough for the young American who also made his debut for the USA in March and in doing so became the youngest to represent the national side in a World Cup qualifier.

His performances have been noted by New York City sporting director Claudio Reyna who in turn is understood to have alerted Manchester City."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ar...ssia-Dortmund-whizzkid-Christian-Pulisic.html

Pulisic to NYCFC in 15 years confirmed.

Ugh, Dortmond seems like a great fit for him right now. I hope he plays there a few years and establishes himself before moving anywhere.

Some really good finishes here. Having watched some Melbourne City games its clear that fornaroli, mooy and novillo are way too good for the league - Melbourne City broke every goal scoring record etc and individual records for most goals for 1 player in a season , most assists etc. Their defence is a mess(reminds me of ours) and the rest of their team lacks any quality but any of these 3 players would defo be an upgrade on the players we currently have. Very hard to compare leagues but i would say that the MLS is a level above although not so much better that the best a league players could not be decent starters in the MLS.

Some really good finishes here. Having watched some Melbourne City games its clear that fornaroli, mooy and novillo are way too good for the league - Melbourne City broke every goal scoring record etc and individual records for most goals for 1 player in a season , most assists etc. Their defence is a mess(reminds me of ours) and the rest of their team lacks any quality but any of these 3 players would defo be an upgrade on the players we currently have. Very hard to compare leagues but i would say that the MLS is a level above although not so much better that the best a league players could not be decent starters in the MLS.

It would be quite ironic if, instead of becoming Manchester City's farm team, Melbourne City becomes our farm team.

Villa, Fornaroli, and a RW DP across the front with Mix and Mooy shuttling and protecting Pirlo in the middle might make a very nice attack next year. LW Harrison, CF Mullins, RW Shelton, CM McNamara, and CM Poku makes for some very strong depth. Keep Bravo or find another DM. Add in a TAM CB, and another CB, RB, and a new keeper. Long shopping list, yikes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Christopher Jee
what ever happen to dilly duke. i believe he would be a lot better then the wings we have now. i think he's a free agent as well.

Supposedly he left Montreal to explore his options in Europe which seems strange as he never stood out as that caliber of player to me. But Montreal still hold his rights. He does some good things on the field. High work rate but he's no where near as fast as our wings. One giant red flag on him is that he never seems to stick with a team for very long. 5 years in the league and 3 teams (Columbus, Chicago and Montreal).

http://www.mountroyalsoccer.com/201...y-duka-to-return-as-roster-turnover-continues

Could look at getting Novillo from Melbourne City, fast winger and only just turned 24 and very talented. 10 goals and 5 assists from 20 games. Has had a few off the field problems and picked up a few suspensions though so could be a risk. Has had problems with teammates at previous clubs but nothing i know of at Melbourne. Maybe someone like Viera could help him with this because as i said before he is very talented. Would definitely be an upgrade on our current wingers imo.

Wrong priorities.
I don't think scoring is ever the wrong priority. If we had one more goal in each of our last 6 games we'd be 8 points better off.

Loss against Columbus becomes a draw
Draw against Chicago becomes a win
Draw against New England becomes a win
Loss against Orlando becomes a draw
Draw against Toronto becomes a win

I don't think scoring is ever the wrong priority. If we had one more goal in each of our last 6 games we'd be 8 points better off.

Loss against Columbus becomes a draw
Draw against Chicago becomes a win
Draw against New England becomes a win
Loss against Orlando becomes a draw
Draw against Toronto becomes a win
No no no.... My comment was geared towards The A-League having TAM style money for big name players to join while not using it to reward contracted players that excel within the league.

Could look at getting Novillo from Melbourne City, fast winger and only just turned 24 and very talented. 10 goals and 5 assists from 20 games. Has had a few off the field problems and picked up a few suspensions though so could be a risk. Has had problems with teammates at previous clubs but nothing i know of at Melbourne. Maybe someone like Viera could help him with this because as i said before he is very talented. Would definitely be an upgrade on our current wingers imo.
NYCFC has some experience with off-field problems affecting its players. Maybe not the same kind though.

No no no.... My comment was geared towards The A-League having TAM style money for big name players to join while not using it to reward contracted players that excel within the league.
Ahhhh, gotcha. Yeah... the league has said he's been huge, but not good enough apparently. Imagine MLS saying "Giovinco is good, but he's not a global superstar"