NYCFC Players Wanted Thread

I'd like us to move heaven and earth to sign Tim Parker. Give him half of Mix's salary and bring him home.
Plus, he apparently comes with his own 300-strong cheering section. I'd definitely sign him for that alone.

Reactions: Ulrich
I don't necessarily think this is the best option, but it might be our most realistic answer to the gk problem - would we have enough allocation money to take Guzan? He's not great, but Villa will just want to shed his wages with the drop.

I think he is probably better than he showed.

I don't necessarily think this is the best option, but it might be our most realistic answer to the gk problem - would we have enough allocation money to take Guzan? He's not great, but Villa will just want to shed his wages with the drop.

He's going to want DP money.

Reactions: Kjbert
If NYCFC wants to go after Guzan we'll need to get the number one allocation spot. If we're going for anyone on that list it makes more sense to go after someone sooner rather than later since the 2017 expansion teams get the 1 and 2 spots. Easier to trade with someone that has a roster than someone who is building one.

He's a great shot stopper and can play the ball with his feet. He'd immediately be the 2nd or 3rd best backstopper in the league

If NYCFC wants to go after Guzan we'll need to get the number one allocation spot. If we're going for anyone on that list it makes more sense to go after someone sooner rather than later since the 2017 expansion teams get the 1 and 2 spots. Easier to trade with someone that has a roster than someone who is building one.
Yes and no. Wait until Team Joe Blow tries to get him with the top spot and he says piss off, he's already done his time at Chivas USA and he will only play in a big metropolitan city named New York. We then get to sign him for $50k of garber bucks as the ransom to the team.

Reactions: FootyLovin
I would be shocked if Guzan plays in MLS again anytime soon. He's headed to France

Would love to see Nabil Bentaleb make a move to MLS. 21 year old midfielder, capped by Algeria, but has been knocked out of the lineup by the emergence of Eric Dier and Dele Alli.

He couldn't find a way back onto the team after returning from injuries, would be a great replacement for Bravo once his loan ends. Imagine a taller, more technically gifted Mikey Lopez who doesn't get into as many bone headed challenges as him.

Would love to see Nabil Bentaleb make a move to MLS. 21 year old midfielder, capped by Algeria, but has been knocked out of the lineup by the emergence of Eric Dier and Dele Alli.

He couldn't find a way back onto the team after returning from injuries, would be a great replacement for Bravo once his loan ends. Imagine a taller, more technically gifted Mikey Lopez who doesn't get into as many bone headed challenges as him.
I'm a Bentaleb fan, but I suspect Spurs can sell him for 10m to another European team given his age, experience and potential. But I'd happily root for him here if they want to send him our way!

Last edited:
I'm a Bentaleb fan, but I'm suspect Spurs can sell him for 10m to another European team given his age, experience and potential. But I'd happily root for him here if they want to send him our way!
I wouldn't be too sure.

He's played a total of 7 minutes this year between Europa and the Premier League and has been sidelined with two separate injuries.

He'll also be out all of January with the African Cup of Nations tournament. Don't get me wrong, I think a PL team would jump at the chance to get him, but I don't think the market is as high on players like him as many would expect.

You'll have Aston Villa going through what I expect to be a fire sale, and Newcastle will do what they can to get their wage bill low. Lots of good healthy players out there to take a chance on.

He's a great project for MLS because if he works out, you have a great young international player and he could be had relatively cheap. I can see a team picking him up and using TAM to sign him below DP threshold, especially if the league helps but wouldn't be surprised to see a team like Portland, DC or Philadelphia try to sign him as a DP.

Reactions: Kjbert

If there is one player's contract that NYCFC should be renegotiating, it's Bravo, to get him on the roster long-term. By the end of the year, he's going to have a nice chemistry developed with the team, and it's painfully obvious that he's the link we were missing last season using Jacobson.