NYCFC Players Wanted Thread

Dump fat Frank and grab Sofiane Feghouli on a free this summer! This guy is explosive, a right winger, played in a top league and his contract ends this summer and he's only 26. Git 'er done!

Never going to happen. The next DP will be another marketable player. The hope is that this player is healthy. It could be Yaya.

And Ibra wants to go to LA. He has business interests in LA. Not a big secret. Not Claudio's fault the guy wants to be closer to his business interests.

Reactions: NYCFCfan
Emerson Hyndman is apparently headed to MLS this summer. That's the big rumor.

He could play the #10 here, but I think he's a natural #8.

Reactions: Ulrich
Never going to happen. The next DP will be another marketable player. The hope is that this player is healthy. It could be Yaya.

And Ibra wants to go to LA. He has business interests in LA. Not a big secret. Not Claudio's fault the guy wants to be closer to his business interests.

I'm still hearing a lot of talk that Zlatan is going to move to Manchester United, while it seems pretty much guaranteed that Yaya is going to Inter Milan.

Didn't someone on here say a couple of months ago that they were told that the club intends on replacing Pirlo and Lampard with two Giovinco types when they leave?

Reactions: Kjbert
I'm still hearing a lot of talk that Zlatan is going to move to Manchester United, while it seems pretty much guaranteed that Yaya is going to Inter Milan.

Didn't someone on here say a couple of months ago that they were told that the club intends on replacing Pirlo and Lampard with two Giovinco types when they leave?
Giovinco was cloned twice?

Reactions: Kjbert
Would Hyndman cost DP money? I doubt he comes here though.
OK, so this was the first post I read this morning as I'd just opened the forum but unfortunately I read it as "Hyneman" and got very confused for a moment.

photo.jpg

Still not against bringing Mario Balotelli to revive his career. He did have a bad injury plagued season but he is 25 and look at what Drogba has done.

Reactions: NickA
Last night the commentators were talking about Zlatan to LAG and using a loan for the rest of this year to get past being maxed out on DPs.

Why aren't we talking about that here? It seems our whole summer signing conversation revolves around (a) players we can get for under DP money and (b) DP hinging on Frank retiring. Why aren't we talking about DP sign and loan scenarios?

Last night the commentators were talking about Zlatan to LAG and using a loan for the rest of this year to get past being maxed out on DPs.

Why aren't we talking about that here? It seems our whole summer signing conversation revolves around (a) players we can get for under DP money and (b) DP hinging on Frank retiring. Why aren't we talking about DP sign and loan scenarios?
Because of the impending Lampard 3 year extension.

Reactions: Paul and Kjbert

Someone did raise that here. I think Gotham Gator. I didn't think it was permissible, but I guess it is. I do think we are limited in our ability to loan out to a sister club as league rules provide we'd still be charged with the full salary.

Reactions: FootyLovin