NYCFC Players Wanted Thread

So carrying Frank's corpse is ok but De Rossi is not good? If there's a better younger option we should go that route unless he signs for non DP money.

With Jack Harrison looking like the real deal I'd say our top trade option when considering other teams valuing contract and young talent would be shipping off Khiry for a young center back.... Harrison, Mac, Mendoza, poku on the flanks should be enough - especially considering Villa could be a LW eventually should we replace Lampard with a true #9 in the offseason

Does anyone know the deal with Will Packwood? Young CB who has played with US U-23s. Feel like he would be worth a look with how shaky our back line has been.

I believe he has struggled to stay fit. A couple of teams (maybe NYCFC included) kicked the tires on him last year. He's had a Connor Brandt situation I believe.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
No thank you - he would be 34 when he arrives. Right? I thought we don't want old players anymore

He turns 33 in July. Tell his agent he comes this winter...or no go. You sign him for two years. He'll be the best DM in the league for his stay.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
So carrying Frank's corpse is ok but De Rossi is not good? If there's a better younger option we should go that route unless he signs for non DP money.

Who here is saying we are happy about frank? No one wants Frank or another old man. Your logic is flawed.

Reactions: Kjbert
With Jack Harrison looking like the real deal I'd say our top trade option when considering other teams valuing contract and young talent would be shipping off Khiry for a young center back.... Harrison, Mac, Mendoza, poku on the flanks should be enough - especially considering Villa could be a LW eventually should we replace Lampard with a true #9 in the offseason
People seem to forget Mendoza is on loan, add on the fact that Corinthians want $4 million and there's no chance he stays.

Nicklas Bendtner has been in New York for a while and recently put a picture on his Instagram of him and his agent signing what's made to look like a contract.

Now… the MLS transfer window is shut as are most other leagues so there's a chance he's just messing with everyone but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

Nicklas Bendtner has been in New York for a while and recently put a picture on his Instagram of him and his agent signing what's made to look like a contract.

Now… the MLS transfer window is shut as are most other leagues so there's a chance he's just messing with everyone but I thought I'd mention it anyway.
Yes please, bye bye khiry

Is Bendtner out of contract? If he is, he can be signed at any time by an MLS side (subject to all funky allocation lists).

Maybe nobody... He doesn't exactly have the cache and realized success that has been a hallmark of players on discovery lists.

True. But I would be shocked if someone didn't have him on their allocation list in a year when he was out of contract.

True. But I would be shocked if someone didn't have him on their allocation list in a year when he was out of contract.
His contract didn't simply expire, it was terminated. Not sure if by mutual consent or not, but was in April. Teams may not have had him on their list thinking he wasn't coming available.

I did a Google search and struck out. Is there a web page we can go to and see the Discovery List?

I believe it's a secret list. The only thing we've ever seen is the list of US players that are eligible to be claimed (no clue who was claimed by what team though). Only in MLS...

Reactions: Kjbert and NYCFCfan