NYCFC Players Wanted Thread

Zlatan on a one-year deal is good for us. We can go after that next summer when we've got a DP slot open.

Tim Howard is getting $2.5 million at Colorado. You have to think that Brad will want something similar, but is there another team that will pay that much for a goal keeper? I'd be happy to give him TAM money, but not $2.5 million.

Since you guys love old defenders, Phillipe Mexes is leaving Milan this summer.
Mexes is the least interesting of the (soon to be) Ex-Milan players. I would personally be thrilled if we replaced Fat Frank with Boateng. He is strong, had good ball skills and is relatively fast. He is also someone who can actually threaten on corners. There is also Balotelli if we want to take that risk.

Mexes is the least interesting of the (soon to be) Ex-Milan players. I would personally be thrilled if we replaced Fat Frank with Boateng. He is strong, had good ball skills and is relatively fast. He is also someone who can actually threaten on corners. There is also Balotelli if we want to take that risk.

Yeah Mexes from a few years ago would've been ok. If I had my pick...I'd take Balotelli in a minute. Seriously. The guy would fit right in with this clusterfuck of a club.

The next player will be someone that we all know, but won't have the global name recognition of a Lampard. But for soccer people, the name will be a known one.

The next player will be someone that we all know, but won't have the global name recognition of a Lampard. But for soccer people, the name will be a known one.
But Joey Barton just got signed by somebody else...

Or was he talking about players we'd actually want to have on the team?

Reactions: Kjbert
Why the obsession with age?

If Player X is 33 years old and provides the same production (or better) than Player Y who is 23 years old, most of you would pick the younger player.

Perfect example - would you rather have David Villa right now or Gio Dos Santos?

Reactions: FootyLovin
But Joey Barton just got signed by somebody else...

Or was he talking about players we'd actually want to have on the team?

It's a moot point since he signed for Rangers already but I'd have Barton over anyone in our squad outside of Villa past discipline problems and all.

Why the obsession with age?

If Player X is 33 years old and provides the same production (or better) than Player Y who is 23 years old, most of you would pick the younger player.

Perfect example - would you rather have David Villa right now or Gio Dos Santos?

Gio Dos Santos. He is a very similar level and with the right contract, would either play for us longer or we'd be able to sell him for a decent fee.

I hope you realize my post above was a joke. Gaston Ramirez is in his mid 20s at most. But we only go after the oldies.

I am totally cool with someone 33 years old (Villa) still performing at a high level. If Pirlo came here at 33, I bet we have at least 6 more points right now. At 36 or however old he is, he isn't as good anymore.

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
CR:
"Paris Saint-Germain and Manchester City can forget it, I'm retiring at Real Madrid," Ronaldo told Spanish newspaper La Marca. His current contract is scheduled to expire in 2018.

CR:
"Paris Saint-Germain and Manchester City can forget it, I'm retiring at Real Madrid," Ronaldo told Spanish newspaper La Marca. His current contract is scheduled to expire in 2018.
Until... CR:
"I'm coming out of retirement and plan to captain NYCFC in the first match in their new stadium next month." Ronaldo telling the NYTimes newspaper in February 2019.

Reactions: JayH