NYCFC Players Wanted Thread

I did a Google search and struck out. Is there a web page we can go to and see the Discovery List?
I presume your new to MLS? It's a secret, it's a really stupid rule so don't bother looking into it too much. The gist of it is:

Teams can place 10 players on their "discovery list" think of it like calling dibs

If someone else tries to sign a player you called dibs on, you get the first chance to offer them a deal, if the other team wants to make a bigger offer they have to pay you for your dibs.

Teams don't want to tell who's on their discovery list to prevent bidding wars.

Reactions: Kjbert
Google showed his last salary at 1.2 mil Euros in 2012. The contract he seemed to be signing could be some brand representation thing. There's also a espn fc link that says the club released him because he was a "threat" to the team. Would we really want to take that chance?

Last edited:
Villa must be an old man then.

I was thinking the same. Villa is a top striker in the league at that age. Also 32/33 is a big difference from 37. I agree that 37 is too much...but by what gbservis gbservis & K Kjbert are saying, they would have turned away a 33 year old Lampard and Pirlo? If that's the case...Their logic is totally flawed.

Reactions: FootyLovin
I was thinking the same. Villa is a top striker in the league at that age. Also 32/33 is a big difference from 37. I agree that 37 is too much...but by what gbservis gbservis & K Kjbert are saying, they would have turned away a 33 year old Lampard and Pirlo? If that's the case...Their logic is totally flawed.

I'm playing devil's advocate here. So many people are caught up on age. A 37 year old Pirlo is still one of the best players in the league. A 34 year old Villa is still one of the best players in the league.

There are money on this forum who would prefer Maurice Edu to Pirlo because of the age difference.

Just go out and get me the best players you can. You need to take the age and potential for injury into consideration.

Which is why I added that if there was a younger and better option to go for that unless DDR choose to sign for non DP money. Which I doubt.

Nicklas Bendtner has been in New York for a while and recently put a picture on his Instagram of him and his agent signing what's made to look like a contract.

Now… the MLS transfer window is shut as are most other leagues so there's a chance he's just messing with everyone but I thought I'd mention it anyway.
Found this about Bendtner. MLS thinks he may be going to LAFC or Atlanta
http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2016/...-centenario-opens-nicklas-bendtner-linked-mls

It's under "incoming?"

Reactions: Kjbert and Ulrich
as much as I love some of the writers for MLS, they have a penchant for just re-writing rumors found elsewhere or speculation and putting it on there.

It bothers me that the official league website does that but what can you do? People read it.

The league doesn't get as much rumor coverage as the larger leagues so they make their own content to fill the gap. I understand why they do it, but it's always strange to me to see extremely speculative rumor articles on a leagues official website.

The league doesn't get as much rumor coverage as the larger leagues so they make their own content to fill the gap. I understand why they do it, but it's always strange to me to see extremely speculative rumor articles on a leagues official website.
Seriously.... why post rumors when the guy writing it can walk 15 feet to the next cubicle and ask the woman heading up Contracts if there if there's anything to the info?!?! Of course it's a rhetorical question, but in no way should the league be putting out non-factual information & regurgitating pure speculation.

Reactions: Kjbert and adam
That's the first coherent explanation for it I've heard.

Full list of released Premier League players who can be had on a free transfer:

http://m.premierleague.com/en-gb/ne...clubs-submit-retained-and-released-lists.html

Adebayor (Crystal Palace) in MLS please (not with NYCFC though)
I could see Vieira asking Flamini (Arsenal) about a MLS move.
Brede Hangeland (Crystal Palace) could be a good depth move since he's an American.
Martin Dimchelis (MCFC) might still be worth taking a look at?
Victor Valdes was released by Manchester United, though I'm sure he'd want a lot of money.
Gaston Ramirez would be a great pick up from the few games I've seen him play. He's 25 years old, would be a great pickup if we managed to clear space. Could easily replace Lampard as a dangerous attacking midfielder.
Steven Fletcher might be worth a look up top to help compliment Villa.

Thoughts?

Given the lack of improvement in defending, particularly against set pieces and what appears to be PV's blind love for Saunders, I'm in favor. Normally I would not be as we're 1 for 3 in terms of impact with aging stars. But I'd be OK with a deal through year end to give us some short term experience and leadership on the back line.

Reactions: adam and NYCFCfan
Given the lack of improvement in defending, particularly against set pieces and what appears to be PV's blind love for Saunders, I'm in favor. Normally I would not be as we're 1 for 3 in terms of impact with aging stars. But I'd be OK with a deal through year end to give us some short term experience and leadership on the back line.
Oooohhh I normally agree with your ideas and opinions Goodfella Goodfella , but this I don't like. I feel like he'd maybe be slightly better than Hernandez at this point in his career.

I hate Demichelis due to seeing him play for Bayern and Man City, I think he sucks as a CB, but he definitely hasn't done anything of note in his recent performances to help change my mind. Only reason he saw time at Man City was due to Kompany going down and Mangala somehow being even worse than Demi.

He does have experience, but I think his cost and taking up an international spot would make him more of an Alvarez type than helping the team. Just my two cents though.

Oooohhh I normally agree with your ideas and opinions Goodfella Goodfella , but this I don't like. I feel like he'd maybe be slightly better than Hernandez at this point in his career.

I hate Demichelis due to seeing him play for Bayern and Man City, I think he sucks as a CB, but he definitely hasn't done anything of note in his recent performances to help change my mind. Only reason he saw time at Man City was due to Kompany going down and Mangala somehow being even worse than Demi.

He does have experience, but I think his cost and taking up an international spot would make him more of an Alvarez type than helping the team. Just my two cents though.
yeah, I don't blame you for disagreeing. This is a sign of how desperate I am. Ask me about him before the start of the season and I'd say no effing way.

http://m.premierleague.com/en-gb/ne...clubs-submit-retained-and-released-lists.html

Adebayor (Crystal Palace) in MLS please (not with NYCFC though)
I could see Vieira asking Flamini (Arsenal) about a MLS move.
Brede Hangeland (Crystal Palace) could be a good depth move since he's an American.
Victor Valdes was released by Manchester United, though I'm sure he'd want a lot of money.
Gaston Ramirez would be a great pick up from the few games I've seen him play. He's 25 years old, would be a great pickup if we managed to clear space. Could easily replace Lampard as a dangerous attacking midfielder.
Steven Fletcher might be worth a look up top to help compliment Villa.

Thoughts?
Fletcher? Do you want the whole team in AA?

I don't have the energy for a full Ghosts of Forums Past post but I was reminiscing this morning about how exciting these weeks were last year as the Pirlo (and Drogba) rumors were heating up.

This June seems sadly tame thus far. I hope there is some excitement at the end.

"Hello, Claudio? You guy hiring?"

r