NYCFC Players Wanted Thread

His technique wastes a lot salt as it ends up on his arm. And he's adding way too much salt to be considered healthy by doctors and nutritionists.
Salt isn't that bad for you. I absolutely hate going to restaurants that under salt their dishes and then don't even have a salt shaker out. Pisses me off.

Nah. Not us. No way. Especially not Kreis, who essentially proved what I said about his "successful South American scouting while at RSL". In his Extra Time interview, he talks about how he relied on agents and others early on until he developed his own knowledge of how things worked there. Want to guess when the good players were signed?

I listened to his entire interview and all I could think was "I'm damn sure glad he's no longer our coach."

Nah. Not us. No way. Especially not Kreis, who essentially proved what I said about his "successful South American scouting while at RSL". In his Extra Time interview, he talks about how he relied on agents and others early on until he developed his own knowledge of how things worked there. Want to guess when the good players were signed?

I listened to his entire interview and all I could think was "I'm damn sure glad he's no longer our coach."
And in 2015, once Tony Taylor got injured we had one winger on the team, one. And Shelton was also out for a time, so we had no wingers for a while.... and yet Kreis had one right under his nose and whiffed... what a fcknut!

Hate that they are looking at another old player on a free. We're turning into the Cosmos
We're not on life support like the Kosmos, but we are trying to be too cute with the transfers while also playing up the marketing side of it.

Maybe they were hoping DdR would come as a non-DP, and if that's the case, then a free transfer is the way to go. But if he was the DP target then our FO and CFG need to get their collective heads out of their asses because that's the only type of contract where being frugal is a disaster. Go to the ATM and splash the cash for a DP that is in their prime (or slightly younger), is a game changer, and has some ability to be marketed. Anything less and you're not focused on the prize.

Everyone keeps saying, get a giovinco, get a Lodiero. There are very few players who are willing to go to an inferior league no matter how much money they are offered in their prime. Giovinco is a unicorn, TO got lucky
Eh, the entire Chinese league is inferior to just about everybody.

But to your point, it's hard to pull Europeans, because they see it as a step down. It would be easier to pull South Americans, from Argentina & Brasil etc, because it's a step up before going to Europe. I think we are missing out in a bunch of those countries, but the players we'd find would not be as marketable as Villa/Lampard/Pirlo so CFG may not want to go that route; they seem to have marketing at the forefront of all of the club's decisions.

Everyone keeps saying, get a giovinco, get a Lodiero. There are very few players who are willing to go to an inferior league no matter how much money they are offered in their prime. Giovinco is a unicorn, TO got lucky
And to elaborate more on this, there have also been reports that other younger players have turned down DP contracts with us.

We aren't just going after older guys, we are taking several shots and are just missing right now. That happens. Not everyone is going to want to come here. Everything will turn out OK.

And to elaborate more on this, there have also been reports that other younger players have turned down DP contracts with us.

We aren't just going after older guys, we are taking several shots and are just missing right now. That happens. Not everyone is going to want to come here. Everything will turn out OK.
And yet there was the infamous quote from Vieira that *everybody* wants to come here (I'm paraphrasing of course)...

We're not on life support like the Kosmos, but we are trying to be too cute with the transfers while also playing up the marketing side of it.

Maybe they were hoping DdR would come as a non-DP, and if that's the case, then a free transfer is the way to go. But if he was the DP target then our FO and CFG need to get their collective heads out of their asses because that's the only type of contract where being frugal is a disaster. Go to the ATM and splash the cash for a DP that is in their prime (or slightly younger), is a game changer, and has some ability to be marketed. Anything less and you're not focused on the prize.

I meant the original Cosmos

Reactions: Ulrich
While it may be difficult to get prime Europeans to come play in MLS, you have to think that New York City, and a club led by CFG and Patrick Vieira would be the most attractive option.
You would think....

Reactions: Kjbert
While it may be difficult to get prime Europeans to come play in MLS, you have to think that New York City, and a club led by CFG and Patrick Vieira would be the most attractive option.

We are probably low-balling people. I'm sure everyone wants to come here, assuming they can get this 50% premium, non-Europe contract.

Reactions: Kjbert
My dream now that Jesus is keeping Aguero on the bench and the rumor is that Aguero is gone this summer:

Aguero gets loaned to Athleti (Griesmann to Man U, Aguero to Athleti). He plays there for 17-18 and then the World Cup in the summer of 2018. Then he moves to NYC to partner with Villa from August on in Villa's last season

My dream now that Jesus is keeping Aguero on the bench and the rumor is that Aguero is gone this summer:

Aguero gets loaned to Athleti (Griesmann to Man U, Aguero to Athleti). He plays there for 17-18 and then the World Cup in the summer of 2018. Then he moves to NYC to partner with Villa from August on in Villa's last season

Dream on. Or we will have CR playing for us by then!

Reactions: Ulrich