NYCFC Players Wanted Thread

I haven't seen Vieira play but I think he'd give it a lot more. He may not last as long on the pitch as Villa but he will play with the same intensity.

I know this is hard to fathom for some but pirlo runs harder for this team than he ever has in his career. I know this because ive watched him his entire career for both club and country. Hes just not that style player.

If your asking me if i think Vieira would fit into a system Vieira has created himself the answer is yes but i dont think thats saying much.

And thats totally me just guessing because i have no idea what kind of gas Vieira has left in his legs.

I agree with the point that Pirlo is playing hard and running more than he ever had to. Poor roster construction.

Reactions: Joseph Bianco
I agree with the point that Pirlo is playing hard and running more than he ever had to. Poor roster construction.

Sorry, but I disagree with "poor roster construction." It's just different roster construction. At Juve he basically played with what amounts to an all-star team. Here you don't have that ability due to the salary cap, so the players around him of course won't be as good as what he's used to.

Pirlo was a marketing ploy -- and a well-executed one -- but there's a reason even Kreis didn't want him. Kreis, an MLS-lifer, knew that Pirlo wouldn't be an on-field success in this league. You need star players all over the field to take advantage of Pirlo's skill-set, and an MLS team doesn't have that. He's just the wrong type of player for this league.

Sorry, but I disagree with "poor roster construction." It's just different roster construction. At Juve he basically played with what amounts to an all-star team. Here you don't have that ability due to the salary cap, so the players around him of course won't be as good as what he's used to.

Pirlo was a marketing ploy -- and a well-executed one -- but there's a reason even Kreis didn't want him. Kreis, an MLS-lifer, knew that Pirlo wouldn't be an on-field success in this league. You need star players all over the field to take advantage of Pirlo's skill-set, and an MLS team doesn't have that. He's just the wrong type of player for this league.

Thus poor roster construction

Reactions: NYdoesitEZ
Reactions: JayH and sbrylski
There's very few Chileans in the league, but Gary Medel is being shopped around with South American interest. Think he'd be a great fit for MLS. Definitely a DP worthy defensive mid.
Looks like Inter is asking too much for him. Boca said no and Tigres said no.

Reactions: Kjbert
medel would be perfect for us. he;s exactly like ring, and can be used a s center back when needed. my issue with him at inter is that he will chase the ball all over the place for no reason. but in the mls thats a good thing because more running = more skill.

rumor has it he chased juan jesus to the locker room one time because the ball went so far out. #urbanLegends

medel would be perfect for us. he;s exactly like ring, and can be used a s center back when needed. my issue with him at inter is that he will chase the ball all over the place for no reason. but in the mls thats a good thing because more running = more skill.

rumor has it he chased juan jesus to the locker room one time because the ball went so far out. #urbanLegends

Medel could open up his very own Cazzo Gelateria right here in New York

Reactions: Mario