NYCFC Players Wanted Thread

You could have Brek Shea for free right now. Whitecaps would give him away if you just pay the salary.

Ever since our first MLS game where Jacobson got into Shea's face for diving. He's an NYCFC villain and I would never want him on this team. He's weird and named his kid Zepplin. Within 5 minutes, he and Vieira would get into an argument. Nope.

Galaxy own his MLS rights and have a HGP claim on him.
I've read their claim is essentially BS, and it's never been ruled on by the league because he wanted to go to Mexico. He trained a few times with the academy/first team, but never put in a full year that's required to be considered HG - his commute from San Diego made any association with LA's academy impossible on a weekly basis.

Also, LA has CAP problems and wouldn't be able to get him in under the CAP - he wouldn't be a freebie salary at his age and experience level. Arriola is going to another team, and maybe that team would have to give up $50k as a token to keep club infighting from happening.

I've read their claim is essentially BS, and it's never been ruled on by the league because he wanted to go to Mexico. He trained a few times with the academy/first team, but never put in a full year that's required to be considered HG - his commute from San Diego made any association with LA's academy impossible on a weekly basis.

Also, LA has CAP problems and wouldn't be able to get him in under the CAP - he wouldn't be a freebie salary at his age and experience level. Arriola is going to another team, and maybe that team would have to give up $50k as a token to keep club infighting from happening.
Ives said that their claim was dubious but that is kinda of par of the course in 2011-12 when the claim was made. I have not seen anything about the league not ruling on the claim.

Reactions: Kjbert
Chicago are actively pursuing Juan Quintero of fc Porto. What a buy he would be. Wish we would go after someone with that potential for a dp

Reactions: Kjbert
Everyone except us seems to have a new fullback debuting this weekend. Ughhhhhhhhhhh.

I hate our fullback situation. We went from weaker to weak at RB, and a added a hope at LB.

We need to petition for emergency Garber bucks. but first, let's go spend what we have.

Everyone except us seems to have a new fullback debuting this weekend. Ughhhhhhhhhhh.

I hate our fullback situation. We went from weaker to weak at RB, and a added a hope at LB.

We need to petition for emergency Garber bucks. but first, let's go spend what we have.
Seeing Marcelo live was an experience. People underestimate how important fullbacks are. Having two top fullbacks and a solid DM will carry you further than two great centrebacks.

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
Interesting thought. Accam for Mix and some allocation money...

The Dwyer transfer probably blew up any chance of an internal trade. Before that deal, I would have speculated that Accam wouldn't even cost that much. His contract expires at the end of the season. Now, I assume he would cost $1.5 million in allocation. No thanks.

Would have potentially worked well too, as I believe he could be bought down with TAM this year and then made a DP in 2017. I would be OK with that, but we might as well just wait until the offseason and throw $100k to Chicago for his rights, instead of a mid-season buy.

Thoughts on signing Ashley Cole?

He's reportedly weighing a move to Birmingham so it would make sense for NYC to approach him on various fronts.

He's only making $350k this season, if acquired NYCFC would only be responsible for half of that. He would provide a solid defensive replacement for Matarrita who's essentially out for the year. It gives NYCFC depth and after the year he can go on his merry way. NYCFC already have a free international roster spot and if/when they put Miguel Camargo on the season ending injury list they'll get salary cap relief (about $50k) as well as another international roster spot.

Thoughts on signing Ashley Cole?

He's reportedly weighing a move to Birmingham so it would make sense for NYC to approach him on various fronts.

He's only making $350k this season, if acquired NYCFC would only be responsible for half of that. He would provide a solid defensive replacement for Matarrita who's essentially out for the year. It gives NYCFC depth and after the year he can go on his merry way. NYCFC already have a free international roster spot and if/when they put Miguel Camargo on the season ending injury list they'll get salary cap relief (about $50k) as well as another international roster spot.
There's a decent amount of discussion on this topic within this thread I think. Not that anybody could possibly accuse you of not doing your groundwork ;)

There's a decent amount of discussion on this topic within this thread I think. Not that anybody could possibly accuse you of not doing your groundwork ;)
lol at this point I'd be surprised if there was someone who we didn't cover.

But I'm checking every day for new information and every day I get nothing on the transfer front. I hope, as a fan, that they bring someone else in.

lol at this point I'd be surprised if there was someone who we didn't cover.

But I'm checking every day for new information and every day I get nothing on the transfer front. I hope, as a fan, that they bring someone else in.
That's The worrisome thing. No smoke 10 days out of the deadline. Even PV was calling for moves to be made at #AskVieira last night. I'm holding onto the front office is not good enough until I see otherwise.