NYCFC Players Wanted Thread

Even at 33 he is still one of the best pure defenders in Europe. There is no way he comes here for several reasons. He is the captain of the team.

Even at 33 he is still one of the best pure defenders in Europe. There is no way he comes here for several reasons. He is the captain of the team.
And by God, let’s hope he stays there.

I’ve had my fill of Serie Slow players for quite some time.

Now that - that league is a retirement league. Athleticism and pace entirely optional.

And by God, let’s hope he stays there.

I’ve had my fill of Serie Slow players for quite some time.

Now that - that league is a retirement league. Athleticism and pace entirely optional.

Your Serie A hate always shines. If you think the upper half of the table consists of slow non-athletic squads, then your soccer IQ is of severely questionable noob status. I'm actually disappointed. Thought you were one of the smart ones here. They're one of the best teams in the world, consistently. They'll be ok without your approval :thumbsup:

Reactions: Christopher Jee
What did he do?
giphy.gif

I was just asking. If he mysteriously wasn’t seeing the field and was unhappy with Coach V, that’s a reasonable suspicion. Don’t know anything myself.

And left-back.
Translated the article:
"American MLS may be waiting for another Czech footballer! After Bork Dočkal, Adam Hloušek should go overseas, according to sources from NOVA Sport. Twenty-five-year-old universe is reportedly dealing with several clubs, and is likely to be heading to New York City FC.

Major League Soccer welcomes one big name after another. Zlatan Ibrahimović, Wayne Rooney, and Bořek Dočkal, who are in the Philadelphia Union, have already become the personalities of the overseas league.

Now it seems that MLS is also attracting Adam Hloušek, who also tasted in the past. Twenty-nine-year-old native of Turnov is already preparing for his journey on a large puddle, according to certified sources. Interest in his services was manifested by clubs from Los Angeles and New York.

For now, it seems more likely that they will head for the Eastern Conference at the New York City FC. This is very successful this year and is second only to this year. However, the Hloušek could have finished the season and helped play off.

Hlusek has been playing for the third season in the Polish team of Legia Warsaw, before playing for Jablonec, Slavia, Kaiserslautern, Nuremberg, and Stuttgart."

Gotta love Google translate. Here I thought the Atlantic was an ocean, when in reality it's just a fucking large puddle...

I think we have seen a lot of success in MLS when they go out and buy guys who fit two categories:

1) Starting XI player for a mid tier Champions League club (Malmo and Legia Warsaw are perfect examples)
2) International Caps for a mid tier international side (Ring, Tinnerholm, Matarrita)

This player fits the mold. I know nothing about him but the profile works.

FWIW, TM has his value at over $1 million which would be a legit add at one of the two positions where Dome could actually consider supplanting a starter.
And he’s contracted to 2020. I don’t know how in the hell we get him without a fee.

Reactions: Kjbert and JayH
We're not set on wide talent. Tajouri is good. Lewis might be but has only shown it in limited minutes. Berget is not a wide player. Medina?

You were right, I was wrong. Still not sure what Castellanos tells us about Dome's assessment of the squad—maybe it was just too good an intra-CFG YAM deal to pass up?—but NYCFC is thinking of him as a winger.