NYCFC Players Wanted Thread

The MLS summer window opens July 9, which means even if GMS passes the physical and signs on Monday he cannot play against Philly, Seattle or Portland. He can first appear in the USOC game on July 10 and first possible league game would be the derby on July 14.
Can he train with the team before then?

This is a transfer correct, not a free agent signing? If a free agent signing he could play immediately.

This is a transfer correct, not a free agent signing? If a free agent signing he could play immediately.
I'm pretty certain the free agent relaxation of transfer rules only applies after an out of contract player goes through one transfer window without being signed. It's sort of a hardship waiver. After the summer window ends if GMS or any other player OOC does not sign, they won't have to wait until next winter to get a job. If some team invites them in as a trialist in November they can sign and play immediately. But there is no reason to give a player the chance to jump in ahead of the first transfer window. He can sign, but still can't play. After Lampard finished with Man City in May 2015 he was out of contract but not eligible to join us until July, and then he decided to annoy us further by waiting another 2 weeks even after that.

Still seems very selfish at times on the ball. As well as i dont like his off the ball play. Hes been scoring goals and thats great but i think he could be better. I think hes also very fortunate right now to have heber and maxi or hed be lost waiting for the ball.
I thought this last USOC match was his best yet.

He finally seemed to be connecting well with Heber, Maxi, and Isi up top.

I know he’s been pretty selfish so far here at NYCFC, but I got the sense that he’s starting to turn the corner a bit on that.

I thought this last USOC match was his best yet.

He finally seemed to be connecting well with Heber, Maxi, and Isi up top.

I know he’s been pretty selfish so far here at NYCFC, but I got the sense that he’s starting to turn the corner a bit on that.
I hope so. There was one really blatant selfish shot in the last usoc match where Heber was wide open and he opted to shoot anyway. I’m willing to give him time to gel I’m still just not sold yet. Especially, with his off the ball play.

Came here to say this. He’s out of contract (I assume on June 30). Why couldn’t he play July 3rd?

Reactions: adam
I hope so. There was one really blatant selfish shot in the last usoc match where Heber was wide open and he opted to shoot anyway. I’m willing to give him time to gel I’m still just not sold yet. Especially, with his off the ball play.

You would be selfish too if you looked to your left and saw Ben Sweat just standing there looking all dumb.

Reactions: BEC SPK
I’ve already got my little mermaid outfit in my amazon cart.
giphy.gif

ETA: I also thought of Hans Christian Andersen as soon as I saw the name.

Martin caceres is out of contract come july 1st. 32 years old, plays anywhere acorss the backline and starts for uruguay national team at left back. Worth dropping some TAM money for him?

"If he can't play winger, we're not signing him." - NYCFC

Reactions: Kjbert
Martin caceres is out of contract come july 1st. 32 years old, plays anywhere acorss the backline and starts for uruguay national team at left back. Worth dropping some TAM money for him?

I brought him up the last two years. Would be a great signing for us. He was used sparingly with Juventus this year and should be well rested and fit. When he did play he was effective.