NYCFC Players Wanted Thread

Reactions: Kjbert
Hangeland is 34. That doesn't exactly bode well for his pace (can't admit to having seen him play in some time). We need someone much younger.
We can have a pair of a Facey and a Demichelis. Both are considered to bee very good on this forum (and they are for MLS). Although Demichelis and Hangeelaand are a bit different, Brad is 2m tall and can give us a lot in the opposite box on free-kicks or corners. And it's quite important to remember that Hangy is a papassport so we'll keep an int spot.

Last edited:
Demechelis has looked awful this season. I still think he comes here.

I think #3 above kind of depends what PV wants to play and where he sees Mix playing. If he sees Mix as filling that DM role this year, then I see no need to sign a DM that would expect playing time for this year.

However, maybe he sees Mix as a DM for this year, and then moving more forward next year when Lamps is gone, then it may make sense to go ahead and snag a young DM.
Probably even someone from City, there're loads loads loads of CM/CDMs in our youth set-up

Last edited:
I see your point, I am just worried that if we bring in a veteran forward, when will these young guys get to play besides spot sub minutes, or open cup matches.

I would much rather us use money that would be spent on a veteran forward elsewhere, and hope that at least one of Harrison/Taylor/Mullins/Shelton works out. I think thats a good gamble, especially after seeing the way Mullins played last year.
I'd wait for summer and then make a couple of decisions if possible, i.e. id I'd see the players in some matches so it'd be able to decide whether they are the ones we need to get rid of or, contrary, keep coz they play quite good.

I agree.

Teams like Barcelona and Man City can get away from a central midfielder like Toure who is, perhaps, an indifferent defender because, on the whole, they are much more talented than the teams the are playing against.

I don't think that works in MLS as well in where the whole league is structured to ensure relative parity among the teams.

So, giving Poku meaningful defensive responsibilities is problematic if you don't think he can commit to that type of role. And, even if he can, are you better off giving him more freedom playing further upfield? You actually sometimes see Man City do this later in games where they bring on a more defensive CM and push Toure up as the most attacking of the central midfielders.

Mix/Jacobson
Poku MacNamara/Mix

as a perfect trio in the central midfield. Hopefully in 2017 our squad will be renewed with at least 2 new (and younfer_ DP players

With the international signings we've made are they better than the MCFC EDS players we potentially could have received?
Still can't figure out why did we hire that Martinez from Argentina. He has nothing above Ashley Smith-Brown except speaking fluent spanish and the fact that his birthday is on the same day as mine.

Last edited:
Still can't figure out why did we hire that Martinez from Argentina. He has nothing above Ashley Smith-Brown except speaking fluent spanish and the fact that his birthday is at the same day as mine.

If ur looking at building a team for the future, then avoiding eds loans in favor of signing young talented players is ideal. Why lease when you can buy.

Reactions: Ulrich and Kjbert
If ur looking at building a team for the future, then avoiding eds loans in favor of signing young talented players is ideal. Why lease when you can buy.
Well, in this case the player may actually be better than I thought but EDS ballers deffo have the quality. So it's probably worth loaning them until you find somebody really worth for the position, either a really proper starter or a talented american. And there's already Matarrita who's likely to be the starter.

Demichelis' contract is up in at city end of June. He would have use TAM money...idk how much we used already with our recent transfers. We also wouldn't have the international slot for him if we sign brilliant..so we would either have to get rid of Johansen or trade for an international roster spot.

Reactions: Kjbert
No one here really knows how many international slots we have.
The EDS players aren't a God send. Facey was average and Angelino made little impact.
If DeMechellis is available, you take him. He's better than Hernandez or Mena.