NYCFC Players Wanted Thread

Because Jason Hernandez at his age is so great.

I am not anti-Demichellis by any means because I think he'd be good here, but there are so many better ways we could spend TAM then on a guy who will only give us at most 1.5 good seasons. Would much rather sign a younger talent that will give us a few good seasons and will progress rather than regress.

Id love a Laurent Ciman. We just don't know that a player like that is available. Don't forget that Ciman had extenuating circumstances for coming over

Updated Depth Chart

The below assumes a 4-3-3, so some players who would be wingers or attacking mids in other formations are shown as forwards. Italics means International Player.

Forward: Villa, Mullins, Poku, Shelton, Harrison, Taylor
Midfield: Pirlo, Lampard, Mix, Jacobson, McNamara, Ballouchy
Fullbacks: Iraola, Matarrita, Martinez, Allen, Brandt
Centerbacks: Mena, Brillant, Hernandez, Wingert, White
Goalkeepers: Saunders, Johanson

Four players to go. No international spots left (perhaps one, depending on Harrison). What do we get?

Last edited:
Reactions: The Toe
Still can't figure out why did we hire that Martinez from Argentina. He has nothing above Ashley Smith-Brown except speaking fluent spanish and the fact that his birthday is on the same day as mine.

You know that from a few video clips? Your post is just silly, because you and everyone on here (well maybe a lurking Argentinian does) haven't a clue about him. Me included.

Demichelis' contract is up in at city end of June. He would have use TAM money...idk how much we used already with our recent transfers. We also wouldn't have the international slot for him if we sign brilliant..so we would either have to get rid of Johansen or trade for an international roster spot.

Demi is going back to Argentina in the summer. He has already said so. Although if you saw his missus, you would definitely want him here lol

I am not anti-Demichellis by any means because I think he'd be good here, but there are so many better ways we could spend TAM then on a guy who will only give us at most 1.5 good seasons. Would much rather sign a younger talent that will give us a few good seasons and will progress rather than regress.

i really don't want demichellis. i've thought about it and he gets absolutely mauled by forwards with pace. in a league as physical and pacey as MLS, i'm not sure he's the best use of the limited monetary resources we're allowed to use.

i really don't want demichellis. i've thought about it and he gets absolutely mauled by forwards with pace. in a league as physical and pacey as MLS, i'm not sure he's the best use of the limited monetary resources we're allowed to use.
Agreed. I don't know why people value him as high as they do. I remember watching him and van Buyten at the back for Bayern years ago and he was always getting burned. Never really saw why he was so highly rated. Otamendi and Kompany are constantly covering for his errors.

Reactions: Kjbert
Agreed. I don't know why people value him as high as they do. I remember watching him and van Buyten at the back for Bayern years ago and he was always getting burned. Never really saw why he was so highly rated. Otamendi and Kompany are constantly covering for his errors.

i was originally onboard w/ the idea because our center backs are the worst and demichelis 'plays for City in the EPL so must be an upgrade'. but nahh.

Updated Depth Chart

The below assumes a 4-3-3, so some players who would be wingers or attacking mids in other formations are shown as forwards. Italics means International Player.

Forward: Villa, Mullins, Poku, Shelton, Harrison, Taylor
Midfield: Pirlo, Lampard, Mix, Jacobson, McNamara, Ballouchy
Fullbacks: Iraola, Matarrita, Martinez, Allen, Brandt
Centerbacks: Mena, Brillant, Hernandez, Wingert, White
Goalkeepers: Saunders, Johanson

Four players to go. No international spots left (perhaps one, depending on Harrison). What do we get?

really would like some goaltending depth here. saunders was beyond awesome last year, but can he really be relied on like that again? older, has a significant injury history as well.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
really would like some goaltending depth here. saunders was beyond awesome last year, but can he really be relied on like that again? older, has a significant injury history as well.

My assumption is that they feel Johansen is the GK of the future and a decent backup plan for this season. If they don't he is a giant waste of one of our precious international spots. GK is the one position that has some depth in the US player pool.

My assumption is that they feel Johansen is the GK of the future and a decent backup plan for this season. If they don't he is a giant waste of one of our precious international spots. GK is the one position that has some depth in the US player pool.

i just don't know nearly enough about him to make any sort of judgement other than having saunders and an unknown (to me) makes me uncomfortable.

Reactions: gbservis
i just don't know nearly enough about him to make any sort of judgement other than having saunders and an unknown (to me) makes me uncomfortable.

One positive is that he is a product of the MCFC youth academy so people within the organization should have been very familiar with what we were getting when we signed him. But I agree with you as NYCFC fans we have yet to see enough of him to have any level of comfort that he is an acceptable #2 for us going into this year.

With Lopez and Rawls, and Brillant signing seemingly imminent, we have room for two more, correct? One more depth signing anywhere and then use TAM for a home run at winger/forward

With Lopez and Rawls, and Brillant signing seemingly imminent, we have room for two more, correct? One more depth signing anywhere and then use TAM for a home run at winger/forward

I'd love to see them use the TAM money on a winger/forward. Hopefully they wont sit on the TAM till the mid summer window. That's my one fear at this point.

I'd love to see them use the TAM money on a winger/forward. Hopefully they wont sit on the TAM till the mid summer window. That's my one fear at this point.

There are some pros to waiting. If Shelton, Harrison, and Taylor all end up being studs, we can address a greater need maybe in the summer window. The summer window will also have more people available on free transfers.

I'd rather now, but am not completely against waiting if we can't get someone that good.

not totally opposed to waiting if nothing is quite right at the moment. obviously not ideal, but rather it be used on the 'right guy' than the 'what's available now' guy. whoever that is.

There are some pros to waiting. If Shelton, Harrison, and Taylor all end up being studs, we can address a greater need maybe in the summer window. The summer window will also have more people available on free transfers.

I'd rather now, but am not completely against waiting if we can't get someone that good.

I'm irrationally excited about Tony Taylor and what he could bring.

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT