NYCFC Players Wanted Thread

would still like to see another striker added for depth...eric hurtado?

speed for days, awesome hair cut. Great on the 1v1.

Since you can spread TAM over two years, you could pay a guy for 1.5 years and use all the TAM instead of needing to pay someone for the entirety of two years

Updated Depth Chart

The below assumes a 4-3-3, so some players who would be wingers or attacking mids in other formations are shown as forwards. Italics means International Player.

Forward: Villa, Mullins, Poku, Shelton, Harrison, Taylor
Midfield: Pirlo, Lampard, Mix, Jacobson, McNamara, Ballouchy, Lopez
Fullbacks: Iraola, Matarrita, Martinez, Allen, Brandt
Centerbacks: Mena, Brillant, Hernandez, Wingert, White
Goalkeepers: Saunders, Johanson

Three players to go. No international spots left (perhaps one, depending on Harrison). What do we get?

We need a goalkeeper - seems like Rawls is the most likely.
We need another forward - if we have $$$ left, do we spend them here?
We need another CB.

Recent buzz seems to strongly suggest that Jack counts as an int'l, so this may temporarily become a NYCFC "LOCAL" Players Wanted Thread. It makes the speculation far less fun.

Reactions: Kjbert
Philippe Senderos was released by Villa

i wanted this guy but im sure someone will pick him up in europe on a free....though he may be injury prone, but i feel thats more because he doesnt even play much.

I still want to take a flyer on Stuart Holden....

Edit: just saw that Houston still owns his MLS rights (about a zillion years after he left the league).....

I still want to take a flyer on Stuart Holden....

Edit: just saw that Houston still owns his MLS rights (about a zillion years after he left the league).....

when was the last time he played?

Would he sign for 150K?
He hasn't played in 2 years.... it's not like he can command much money with no recent form to back the negotiations up. And I seriously doubt he's making more than $150K as a pundit - yeah, I bet he'd sign for that in a heartbeat.

The big question would be whether NYCFC could trade Houston for his rights???

He hasn't played in 2 years.... it's not like he can command much money with no recent form to back the negotiations up. And I seriously doubt he's making more than $150K as a pundit - yeah, I bet he'd sign for that in a heartbeat.

The big question would be whether NYCFC could trade Houston for his rights???
I meant Senderos but Stu got posted before I pressed post.

Reactions: Kjbert