NYCFC Players Wanted Thread

View attachment 4102
How amazing would it be to see this as the replacement for #17

My first reaction was, no way too old. But after looking it up he's only 29. Just feels like he's old because he's been around for so long. Seems like a pipe dream but we could certainly use his skills in the wing if we are going with a 4-3-3.

Reactions: Kjbert
He's probably going to China soon.
Univision is reporting that an unnamed MLS team is keeping tabs on Fernando Llorente. Everytime I hear MLS team has interest on Spanish players I assume it's us. Of course, there's the whole salary thing.

Also Torres scored today. Surely if he gets good service he's still mobile enough to finish.
https://streamable.com/jv00

Last edited:
He's probably going to China soon.
Univision is reporting that an unnamed MLS team is keeping tabs on Fernando Llorente. Everytime I hear MLS team has interest on Spanish players I assume it's us. Of course, there's the whole salary thing.

Also Torres scored today. Surely if he gets good service he's still mobile enough to finish.
https://streamable.com/jv00

They both make about the same money and both around the same age. I would take Llorente over Torres though. I foresee us in the 4-3-3 crossing balls to no one a lot. Llorente is such a big target...he literally can just stand in the box and finish. I'd obviously be fine with Torres too, but I'd take the bigger target guy if given the choice.

Last edited:
Aston Villa is going down, and Guzan didn't even play yesterday. He's now their second string GK going into a year in the Championship. He's still young for a GK, would be a sick DP pickup IMO. His current contract ends next June.

Reactions: Gotham Gator
Aston Villa is going down, and Guzan didn't even play yesterday. He's now their second string GK going into a year in the Championship. He's still young for a GK, would be a sick DP pickup IMO. His current contract ends next June.

If we waste a DP spot on Guzan, it would be more embarrassing than the Lampard fiasco. He is no better than Hamid and Hamid makes $400,000. He demands a TAM salary, but definitely not DP. With the MLS league structure, keeper is the least valuable position and using a DP spot on one is a complete waste.

I'd be fine with using TAM if we had it. I still think he's better than Hamid, and Hamid isn't in the fucked up situation that Guzan is in. Someone needs to save him from his AV misery. If Hamid leaves DC I don't think it'd be for another MLS team, while I don't see Guzan playing starting minutes for any PL team. Maybe China? I think Guzan will be the starting GK for 2018.

If we waste a DP spot on Guzan, it would be more embarrassing than the Lampard fiasco. He is no better than Hamid and Hamid makes $400,000. He demands a TAM salary, but definitely not DP. With the MLS league structure, keeper is the least valuable position and using a DP spot on one is a complete waste.
COMPLETE WASTE.

Guzan could be a terrific pickup for someone. Goalkeepers are a very important position to get right and he would be the best one in the league. Aston Villa has to move him in the summer window, so I have to think he is coming back to MLS mid-year.

Reactions: ktdNYCFC
Guzan could be a terrific pickup for someone. Goalkeepers are a very important position to get right and he would be the best one in the league. Aston Villa has to move him in the summer window, so I have to think he is coming back to MLS mid-year.

I agree he makes sense for an MLS team but I don't think it's us. We are one of the only teams with ownership willing to pay over $6m per DP. No way Guzan is a $6m level player so why waste one of our spots on him. Let him go to one of the smaller MLS teams that will want him badly for the USMNT ticket sale boost. I also agree with what others have said that using a DP spot on a goalie is a total waste. I'd take 3/4 of the current MLS goalies plus a DP spot over wasting a DP slot on Guzan.

I'd rather have Leandro Damião on a free transfer this summer. He's a big question mark like Torres but given the fact that he's only 26, he has much more upside. Damião could eventually replace David Villa as NYCFC's striker.

He was probably only five letters away...P I R L O

If we passed up Sneijder for Pirlo, that goes down as a huge fail. It would also show just how much we are valuing name recognition early on.

Hopefully we tried our hardest for Sneijder, and he just choose to stay in Europe instead.

Wow, imagine a 4-2-2-2 with Villa up top, Sneijder at LAM and Poku at RAM, and Mix and Lampard at CM.

If we passed up Sneijder for Pirlo, that goes down as a huge fail. It would also show just how much we are valuing name recognition early on.

Hopefully we tried our hardest for Sneijder, and he just choose to stay in Europe instead.

Wow, imagine a 4-2-2-2 with Villa up top, Sneijder at LAM and Poku at RAM, and Mix and Lampard at CM.

Mux would be the only mid that played any d at all but the incredible offensive fire power would probably make the lack of d irrelevant.

I doubt CFG dismissed Sneijder, they simply missed on him - I'd bet everything it was Wesley getting cold feet since he's been heavily courted by ManU in the past only to turn them down. He seems to be a player that flirts a lot but never wants to make a change and commit.

Reactions: Paul and gbservis