NYCFC Players Wanted Thread

Crazy-ass idea here, so read with that in mind:

Komal Thatal is an Indian footballer playing at Kolkata-based Indian Super League club ATK, and showed how good he is at the 2017 U-17 World Cup. He's pacey, has great dribbling, was looked at by Man United, and is only 17. I think a player like him could thrive in MLS, and he has the potential to become another Jack Harrison. Bring this boy in, and let him run rampant.

Fuck it. I want Zahavi.

He's torn up the Israeli and Chinese leagues though I suspect MLS is a fair step up from both though he'd also probably be surrounded by better teammates and service if he was with us so maybe not so crazy? Though he's also on stupid money in China so it ain't gonna happen

Reactions: Fake Jew
Don't know if this is the correct thread, but the players released their salaries: http://mlsplayers.org/resources/salary-guide

Of note Medina is probably buy downable since he's only making 770K in guaranteed money (Barco is just south of 1.5 million). I'm not sure how they used TAM on Mataritta since he's only making 275/395K. Tinnerholm isn't a TAM player, but Berget is. Callens got a huge bump in pay and looks to be a TAM with guaranteed payments at 560K.

Reactions: Kjbert and Ulrich
Don't know if this is the correct thread, but the players released their salaries: http://mlsplayers.org/resources/salary-guide

Of note Medina is probably buy downable since he's only making 770K in guaranteed money (Barco is just south of 1.5 million). I'm not sure how they used TAM on Mataritta since he's only making 275/395K. Tinnerholm isn't a TAM player, but Berget is. Callens got a huge bump in pay and looks to be a TAM with guaranteed payments at 560K.
Don't forget the transfer fee - 4M over a 4 year contract. That puts him at above 1.5M per year, therefore not possible to use TAM to buy him down.

Reactions: dummyrun
Don't forget the transfer fee - 4M over a 4 year contract. That puts him at above 1.5M per year, therefore not possible to use TAM to buy him down.
I think there’s a special designation one player can have each year where the entire transfer fee is shoehorned into that first year. If I have that correct and if his $4M is all hit in 2018, he’s ready for a TAM style contract next year.

I think there’s a special designation one player can have each year where the entire transfer fee is shoehorned into that first year. If I have that correct and if his $4M is all hit in 2018, he’s ready for a TAM style contract next year.
I looked for this in the 2018 rules and couldn't find it, although I've seen people talk about it a lot.

I looked for this in the 2018 rules and couldn't find it, although I've seen people talk about it a lot.
The rule is the other way around with amounts hitting the salary cap as they are paid and the teams being able to select one player to be amortized.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/league/official-rules/mls-roster-rules-and-regulations

Special Discovery Players
In general, the total amount of the acquisition cost of a player is charged against the Salary Budget in the year in which it is paid. For one player on a club's roster (a "Special Discovery Player"), a club can amortize the total amount of acquisition costs (up to US$500,000) over the term of the player's contract.
  • Special Discovery Players must be 27 years old (or younger than the age of 27) during the League Year under consideration (the age of the player is determined by year - not date - of birth).
  • There may be no more than one Special Discovery Player per number of clubs in the League (i.e., 23 total Special Discovery Players across the League in 2018).
  • A club may have more than one Special Discovery Player on its Senior Roster at any given time if the club received the additional player(s) via trade. However, the club trading the Special Discovery Player may not sign a new Special Discovery Player until the traded Special Discovery Player's original contract expires, the player's contract is terminated, or all the amortized acquisition costs are accounted for in the Salary Budget Charge.
  • Targeted Allocation Money may be used on a Special Discovery Player if he qualifies.

The rule is the other way around with amounts hitting the salary cap as they are paid and the teams being able to select one player to be amortized.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/league/official-rules/mls-roster-rules-and-regulations

Special Discovery Players
In general, the total amount of the acquisition cost of a player is charged against the Salary Budget in the year in which it is paid. For one player on a club's roster (a "Special Discovery Player"), a club can amortize the total amount of acquisition costs (up to US$500,000) over the term of the player's contract.
  • Special Discovery Players must be 27 years old (or younger than the age of 27) during the League Year under consideration (the age of the player is determined by year - not date - of birth).
  • There may be no more than one Special Discovery Player per number of clubs in the League (i.e., 23 total Special Discovery Players across the League in 2018).
  • A club may have more than one Special Discovery Player on its Senior Roster at any given time if the club received the additional player(s) via trade. However, the club trading the Special Discovery Player may not sign a new Special Discovery Player until the traded Special Discovery Player's original contract expires, the player's contract is terminated, or all the amortized acquisition costs are accounted for in the Salary Budget Charge.
  • Targeted Allocation Money may be used on a Special Discovery Player if he qualifies.
But wait, there's more!

Screenshot_20180510-154446.png