Nycfc-red Bulls Derby: Adding To The Metro-area Tradition Of Rivalries!

Why do people feel the need to use "derby?" That's not a term used in America unless it is a horse race. I don't even like us being called "football club" but I came to terms with that a while ago.
We don't need to us that term.

I think we could have been NYCSC but they wanted to cater to the world stage. I'd agree soccer club would have been fine. Same reaction was when they came up with Real Salt Lake. One of those things you quietly shake your head then get over quickly.

Reactions: FCRU
Well, Battle of the Hudson is pretty informal for hockey. More said in passing. However if Red Bulls are in denial about where they play, might as well call it the Battle of NY.

I was a bit tongue in cheek with Battle of or for NY. If they are to come up with some name, it should reflect the area like river or geography.

Something different, Port Authority Derby.

The 34 game unbalanced MLS schedule for 2015 is confusing me.

If we're in the same conference, how many times will we play each team? 4 times (twice home, twice away)?

And do we play each Western Conference team once?

Reactions: Fabio
The Liberty Challenge. What's more patriotic than Lady Liberty and reflects the area as well.

How about the "New York Cause" (at least from a NYCFC point of view who really cares what Red Bulls call it)

Forgot about Philly Union...If you count all three, then call it the Turnpike Trio Series. Something like that.

Reactions: CP_Scouse